ooooooooooo

Rear Brakes?

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Removed the rear brake drums today on a Roxor we took delivery of just yesterday. The reason was to check out the hardware and anti-seize the axle hub where the drum mounts and the tapered set screw that secures the drum. This will pay dividends for any future repairs. Also anti-seized the wheel studs. All sounds trivial but really makes a difference.

Anyway, couldn't help but notice one thing, the brake shoes seemed backwards? Typically the shoe with the shorter lining (primary) would mount to the forward position of the vehicle and the shoe with the longer lining (secondary) would mount aft. Not the case on the Roxor. The longer shoe was forward on both sides.

Question, normal or an assembly issue?

On a side not the hardware is all first class. The lining is riveted and 5/16 thick. That's massive. The drums are very heavy and everything is painted.

Thoughts on the shoe position would be appreciated.

Last edited:
B

Bister

Here is a picture of the rear brake from the Rear Locker installation instructions. Hope this helps.

Here's the link to where I got the pictures:
https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/...structions/Spartan+Lunchbox+Locker+-+Rear.pdf

I'm guessing that is the left rear, but I have been wrong before.

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 6.06.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 6.06.39 PM.png

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for the link. The pic that displays the muffler shot gives a decent view to the lining and it is indeed like mine. Really goes against conventional wisdom as to how typical brake shoe installation was always done? Must be a reason?

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Here is a good picture of the rear brakes. One can clearly see the shoes appear to be installed backwards? Typically the shorter (primary shoe) is installed in the forward position while the longer (secondary shoe) goes aft. I noticed this on mine when I pulled the drums.

Brakes.jpg

Last edited: