ooooooooooo

Rear. Brake Sticking

elkaholic

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Went to northeast TN for my first real outing with my 24. Typical trail riding - ruts, creek crossings, rocks, mud. Got back to the cabin and parked for the night and parked as usual - full set of hand brake and in gear. The next morning, the rig acted just like the rear shoes were frozen to the drums (except it was 80F. Some resistance then a clunk ….

We had a 5 mile road drive after the last creek crossing with lots of brake application on the curvy mountain roads near Huntsville, TN.

Had a repeat performance today after yesterday’s ride - both when loading on the trailer this morning and when backing off the trailer this evening. I’ll dig into it this week, but has anyone experienced this? I have certainly had drum brakes freeze in bitterly cold weather but I have not experienced sticking like this.

Pic for attention

IMG_4057.jpeg

Hummingbird Ranch

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have heard that the parking brake cable and pully assembly often seize up. It is easy to get to under the rear of the Roxor. You might be able to spray some WD-40 up into the cable tube and on the pully and free it up if that is the cause. That might be a good idea every evening after riding thru lots of mud and water if that turns out to be your issue.

elkaholic

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have heard that the parking brake cable and pully assembly often seize up. It is easy to get to under the rear of the Roxor. You might be able to spray some WD-40 up into the cable tube and on the pully and free it up if that is the cause. That might be a good idea every evening after riding thru lots of mud and water if that turns out to be your issue.
I’ll check that. Hate mud but i am not scared of it.

motormd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My parking brake is froze up as well I just don't use it anymore until I can free it up. I think water gets in it and locks it up.

WY_ROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If I use mine and it’s below freezing it freezes. I just don’t use it anymore unless it’s summer.

motormd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If I use mine and it’s below freezing it freezes. I just don’t use it anymore unless it’s summer.
You might be right, I think the last time I tried mine it was cold out as I ran it pretty much all winter due to lack of snow. Went thru water that may have froze.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Probably the cable seizing in the sheath. Pull it and lube it up and/or replace it.

elkaholic

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If lubing does not cure it ill let the dealer sort it under warranty.