ooooooooooo

Parking it for the winter it looks like.

B

Bister

Well, looks like no Roxor for me this winter. I was hoping to get the composite cab in pieces, since I already have the roof and windshield and when I checked via the chat box, I was told they are not making it available in pieces and this was confirmed on Facebook. I fought the last 2 winters with the POS soft cab that I bought and they replaced the doors 3 times cause the zippers are crap. I built my own door even for it. This winter I’m just going to park it and go back to use my truck to get around and I’ll go back to using my tractor for snow since I’ll be sitting in the cold anyway. I’m not putting that crap soft cab back on just to fight with it.

I already have a roof and windshield, so it makes no sense to buy any of the other cabs out there, just to throw them away. I would be more than happy with the composite cab and use my roof and windshield. Seems like they aren't interested in keeping existing customers happy, just getting new ones.

116338425_10158888622023243_5218297541785785087_o.jpg 116391139_10158888615038243_1226045252224938633_o.jpg 117341229_10158888614948243_2661984537874906552_o.jpg

whiteroxorssr

I agree with you. I think the aftermarket companies are dropping the ball on this issue. I also bought a hard roof and windshield when I first bought my Roxor. I then thought I would be able to buy hard doors with windows and a rear bulkhead to finish a cab unit but have not been able to find the parts I need. My Roxor fits my needs on our farm, but I would like to be warmer in the winter.

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's a damn shame. To be honest, the cab is ugly as hell so you'd think they would do anything that they could, in order to sell kits and keep their base happy. That sucks man, I like your winter videos at the sledding hill and warming shed..

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Couldn’t you just buy the kit and sell off the pieces you don’t need?

B

Bister

Couldn’t you just buy the kit and sell off the pieces you don’t need?
Not exactly a huge market for spare roof and windshield in Saskatchewan. Shipping would kill me in Canada for the over size and everyone wants stuff for nothing. I already have $2200 into the POS soft cab that will be going in the trash. Don’t need to waste another $2000 on spare parts I don’t need and can’t get rid of.

Last edited by a moderator:

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's a shame Bister, you've been a champion for the brand; M needs to listen to people like you.

bdclark

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm hoping RallyTops comes through with the hardtop advertised on their site at a decent price. Some of their jeep tops are sub $3k. A little hesitant to pony up another spending 25% of the cost of my roxor on a top for it but they say their roxor top will include solid doors so that helps. My other concern is that they find a way to make it look good while still accounting for the shape of the factory ROPs above the windshield and including the grab bars (rib knockers) sticking out above the door wells .

I'm not quite in Saskatchewan but still not gonna get much use out of mine this winter without a good top, and not about to buy the factory soft top based on what I've read about it.

If RallyTops fails us I'm either headed to the junkyard for a jeep hardtop and try and get a new family cage fabricated to make it work, or do that and then mold a hardtop out of fiberglass to fit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not exactly a huge market for spare roof and windshield in Saskatchewan. Shipping would kill me in Canada for the over size and everyone wants stuff for nothing. I already have $2200 into the POS soft cab that will be going in the trash. Don’t need to waste another $2000 on spare parts I don’t need and can’t get rid of.
Mahindra needs to hear from you guys up in Canada. If they can make the tops work up there in that environment, they should work anywhere. I would think their R&D department would contact you and do a little homework...….

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What I'm getting at is, if they have snoops on here, they should reach out to you my friend!

B

Bister

Well that sucks. What was going on with the soft cab? Zippers breaking or was it more than that?
Yeah, the zippers are small and come apart. The cab shrinks in the cold and even with it loose as hell, the zippers are still too tight and fail after using them for a while. Roxor has replaced lots under warranty. I'm surprised they still sell that cab with the exact same zippers and doors.

B

Bister

I agree with you. I think the aftermarket companies are dropping the ball on this issue. I also bought a hard roof and windshield when I first bought my Roxor. I then thought I would be able to buy hard doors with windows and a rear bulkhead to finish a cab unit but have not been able to find the parts I need. My Roxor fits my needs on our farm, but I would like to be warmer in the winter.
Yeah, it sucks they have a cab that would work for us, but can't get their act together to sell it in pieces. I guess they are more worried about new customers, not the old ones.

B

Bister

That's a damn shame. To be honest, the cab is ugly as hell so you'd think they would do anything that they could, in order to sell kits and keep their base happy. That sucks man, I like your winter videos at the sledding hill and warming shed..
I'm more function over fashion. It's not the prettiest thing, but it would keep me warm. And I could make more videos. lol

B

Bister

What I'm getting at is, if they have snoops on here, they should reach out to you my friend!
I posted it on Facebook also. Kyle Maki thought you could get it in pieces and double checked. He was surprised they are not selling it that way.

Yeah, I doubt if anyone will change anything. I've checked a few times over the last couple months and kept getting the same response.

The R&D don't do much R&D on some of the stuff I don't think. I brought the loud single speed heater to their attention as soon as I installed it and sent in a video via the district sales rep and he agreed, then it was change to a 2 speed with a squirrel cage fan. The first plow mounts they sent out were wrong (too low and the tires also hit them) and I found that and brought it to their attention and they had to fix that and rebuild the mounts and send out new ones. They never checked to see if the soft cab would hold up, which it doesn't and they are still selling it. Love the Roxor, but some more time needs to be spent in R&D of the accessories for sure. Something tells me these are all 'city car guys' running the show not 'off road enthusiasts' folks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I posted it on Facebook also. Kyle Maki thought you could get it in pieces and double checked. He was surprised they are not selling it that way.

Yeah, I doubt if anyone will change anything. I've checked a few times over the last couple months and kept getting the same response.

The R&D don't do much R&D on some of the stuff I don't think. I brought the loud single speed heater to their attention as soon as I installed it and sent in a video via the district sales rep and he agreed, then it was change to a 2 speed with a squirrel cage fan. The first plow mounts they sent out were wrong (too low and the tires also hit them) and I found that and brought it to their attention and they had to fix that and rebuild the mounts and send out new ones. They never checked to see if the soft cab would hold up, which it doesn't and they are still selling it. Love the Roxor, but some more time needs to be spent in R&D of the accessories for sure. Something tells me these are all 'city car guys' running the show not 'off road enthusiasts' folks.
I would think if they want to be around for the long haul, they should consult with or hire a few people who do serious off-road wheeling or outdoor people at a minimum. As these are "off road" toys, after the new wears off, it the accessories continue to be failures, they will lose customers. And I don't want t see that happen, FCA has forgot about customer service, only interested in new customers, additional income and that's why I'm out with them.....

If Mahindra wants a playbook on how to dwindle, just look at FCA or whatever they go by now days…..