ooooooooooo

Off To a Shaky Start

Ron

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
About two weeks ago I bought a new 2019 Roxor. For options it came with Roxliner finish, a winch, hard roof and EFX tires. Other than that, she is stock. To me, she's beautiful!

I drove it for four days, putting on about 600km and 30 hours. At the end of the forth day, I cleaned it up and refueled it as per my routine. At that time the Roxor was running normal and no signs of any problems. The next morning, I tried start it. The motor turns over perfectly and fast. But there is no smoke or any sign of fuel making it to any cylinder. I checked the fuel filter and water separator. No sign of water and lots of pressure. I loosened one fitting on an injector and cranked motor. Lots of pressure at the injector. Checked all fuses, all good. Checked for disconnected plugs and damaged wiring. Can't find anything wrong other than no fuel to cylinder. I called the dealer where I bought my Roxor and explained the problem. They asked me to check a few things I had already checked, then told me to bring it in. So I did. When I got there I asked if we could try swapping the ECU with the Roxor they have in their showroom. To their credit, they agreed and we did. No change. I am not getting a good feeling from their service department. They are a big dealership and undoubtedly very good UTV mechanics. But none of them have experience with a Roxor or diesel engines. I am in a bind because I need this unit for work Wednesday and I have already agreed to sell my old UTV.

Any ideas I could suggest to the service department would be much appreciated.

Up until my Roxor wouldn't start, I loved this thing! It cruises through mud with ease. Coolness factor, off the charts! We are having one of the wettest summers in history and our roads are falling apart. Driving our normal trucks in these conditions are destroying the trucks and the roads. I hope the dealership comes through as I really don't want my truck back out there. I had to eat a lot of crow when I showed up at work with my old Suzuki mini truck on UTV tires! Not cool. But the mini truck made it through the rest of the shift and some of my co-workers trucks didn't. So that kind of quietened the snickers. One of the guys that beat his new(ish) lifted Dodge truck to death wants to buy my mini truck. Apparently bigger isn't always better, who knew?

Last edited:

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Have you tried your spare key? Sounds like an electrical issue. Mine did a similar thing and the ignition fuse was blown...

Ron

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Have you tried your spare key? Sounds like an electrical issue. Mine did a similar thing and the ignition fuse was blown...
It turns over perfectly fine. Just not getting fuel through injectors. Service guys checked all the fuses too. Couldn't find a problem there.

Ron

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Turns out it was a failed RPM sensor. Dealership called me up and said she's ready to go. Yay!!! Drove the two and a half hours at mach 2 to get there before they closed. They had it on my trailer ready to go. Actually... it looked like they never took it off the trailer. I jumped up and turned the key and she fired up like normal! Oh happy day! Went in and paid for the service they did. Thanked everyone and headed back home. Three hours later at home (driving slower), I happily undo all the straps and jump in the drivers seat and turn the key. She starts right up. Yay! I push in the clutch and put her in reverse and let out the clutch. Nothing happened! Oh silly me. The transfer case must be in neutral. Ten minutes messing with it and, nope, not the problem. Clutch isn't engaging. After bleeding all the air I could, I got it to move enough to get it off the trailer. But it still isn't engaging enough. Anyone know how to properly bleed these clutches?

Ron

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Called dealership while at work today. They emailed a clip from service manual on proper way to bleed clutch . After work I checked out the procedure. It's almost exactly what I was doing last night. Service tech also advised me to remove inspection plate on the bell housing and check for mud/debris. On the way home from work I picked up a couple more jugs of dot 3 brake fluid. Removed the inspection plate and found a bit of dust and a little grit, but not much at all. But then we found the boot on the 'clutch fork arm' (not sure what the proper name is) had some mud and a couple small pebbles in it. Pulled the boot off and cleaned it. Then we went through the bleed procedure three times. Fired up the Roxor and tested. Major improvement! But still slipping a bit. Did the bleed steps three more times and tested again. It worked! After a quick road test we tried a couple moderate hills and no slippage! Yes, I got my Roxor back!

The only explanation I can come up with is the last day the Roxor was working proper, some mud got through the rubber boot and took out the RPM sensor. I shut the engine off that night not knowing of the damaged sensor. The next morning the Roxor wouldn't start. It sat for almost a week before I could get it to the dealership. That time and the five days it was at the dealership, the mud in the boot dried which restricted the movement of the clutch fork. Grasping, but I can't think of another explanation. Sound plausible?