ooooooooooo

New Roxor Automatic

Down East

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Who specifically? Local DMV cave troll?
Department head in Augusta. Title group was also involved. Maine didn’t require a title in 1976? Someone may be passing money to prevent this? But to tell someone they can’t use parts from a Roxor! Like I’ve said “my exide battery and DOT approved tires are very sad indeed. Maine can not afford to enforce current laws let alone rules made up by some department head that meets all criteria of the “Peter Principal”. A good attorney could have fun with them. Do you Know any?

I changed bumpers, grill, dot windshield, heater, defroster, lights, glass, wipers, radio and a bestop top.
I added upgraded tires (dot approved) when new but the great state of Maine says I can’t use any parts!!!!! Idiots.

My conversation evolved to put my 76 tub on my safer boxed frame with disk brakes etc. They make up rules as they go. No danger in that!

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Basically they need to use logic.. but they are guv guv agents and therefore seemingly devoid of this ability. This is how bored lawyers sue states and reap winnings.

**** Warning IANAL ****

I don't know about Canada or some commie states in the US, but I believe that stance to be 100% BULLSH*&. The Roxor parts are no different, engine and emission components excluded, than any other non-OEM parts for any street legal 4x4 on the road today. Frame, body panels, etc, are all unfettered with BS in terms of control upon what does and does not render inoperable a vehicle. It's a blindy false statement to say one can not alter, say the front bumper with a non-OEM part - be damned the source. Now a caviet here is that all safety and control equipment must be present and working for that make/model year. Ex. you can not remove the windshield wipers of a 1998 Wrangler and still be street legal in my state. You can, however, install a Roxor wiper on a Wrangler and be in compliance with state code. You can swap the bumper assuming your new bumper does not break other road going statues (field of vision etc).

The engine and emission systems are a whole separate animal. If the state agent said you can use anything but the motor, motor controls, and any emissions device, then IMO "it is what it is in Maine". But they didn't. They went full retard. You never go full retard.

So if honest and straight process doesn't render logical results, the shiftiest-yet-legal path has been opened. By making the process illogical, they have decided what routes people will take.

sandyx

Founding Member
How can they use the same chassis, engine etc and magically be road legal

Their postal prototype got nothing to do with roxor platform. It's a vastly different cargo van derived from their other product lines.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Most of us on this forum are probably old enough to realize that ego-driven power trips are integral to human nature. That is hardly unique to government agency personnel, rather an irritant found in every societal nook and cranny. In Roxor's case, "not road legal" could not be more clearly stated. We all took the plunge eyes wide open. No surprise that Mahindra's declaration offers a free-shot, open invitation for 50 state DMV bureaucracies to enforce obstacles to logic, however petty. In choosing to challenge government agency intransigence, one quickly realizes that slow roll is a formidable defense and banging one's head against a wall in frustration is an option without much promise. There are ways to change stupid regulations. Nearly all of them are tedious and require political involvement. Until the situation changes, everyone stuck with "not road legal" and requiring otherwise is left to his/her own devices to find a work around. For others, despite being in a league of its own, their mighty Roxors should at least have the same road legal entitlements as some ordinary, disposable UTV.

B

Bister

Who builds the current manual transmission?

Would you happen to know who builds the current manual transmission?

Not sure who builds it, but I believe the number is an NGT520. It might be Mahindra.

DaveNH

How can they use the same chassis, engine etc and magically be road legal

The same reason that VW was raked over the coals, but this is okay:

miami_snn.jpg

"Regulation and restriction for thee but not for me. "

DaveNH

But to tell someone they can’t use parts from a Roxor!

Maybe someone should point out to then that one could take many Mahindra parts into Autozone and cross reference it to Jeep parts? Is Maine DOT going to argue that you can't use the same part from Jeep?

musclecar mike

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Do not own
Has four wheeler magazine done any articles on the roxers? What is the latest MSRP for the manual and the automatic? So the postal service wants to use them, I guess thats a good idea so long as I can get mine street legal in Texas. The street legal part is the only thing keeping me and a friend of mine from pulling the trigger on these simple machines. I have no interest at all in "new vehicles". I am about ready to start restoring my 78 GMC 1/2 ton short step pick up. I am looking forward to having that truck as my daily driver and looking over the same hood and gauges that I grew up with. "PRINT MEDIA ALERT" TEN Publishing has dropped 19 of 22 magazine titles. Only Motor Trend, Hot Rod and Four Wheeler remain. Goodbye Muscle Car Review. Goodbye Car Craft 1952 to 2020 R.I.P. MIKE OUT

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Rick Pewe has talked about it a few times.

Bhayarock

Has four wheeler magazine done any articles on the roxers? What is the latest MSRP for the manual and the automatic? So the postal service wants to use them, I guess thats a good idea so long as I can get mine street legal in Texas. The street legal part is the only thing keeping me and a friend of mine from pulling the trigger on these simple machines. I have no interest at all in "new vehicles". I am about ready to start restoring my 78 GMC 1/2 ton short step pick up. I am looking forward to having that truck as my daily driver and looking over the same hood and gauges that I grew up with. "PRINT MEDIA ALERT" TEN Publishing has dropped 19 of 22 magazine titles. Only Motor Trend, Hot Rod and Four Wheeler remain. Goodbye Muscle Car Review. Goodbye Car Craft 1952 to 2020 R.I.P. MIKE OUT

If I'm not wrong postal service is a different contract with multiple competing vendors and if mahindra even gets it, it's not be going to roxor platform. Its gonna be electric or a hybrid cargo van platform...so I think if you have any hopes or thinking of correlation between street legality and postal vans.. sorry to say..those just false hopes.