ooooooooooo

New potential Roxor Owner

King358

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Well my wife and I are building a new house on 120 acres we got last fall. I decided to sell my boat and get a side by side to use on the property. I was originally planning to purchase a Kawasaki Teryx, but now I'm really learning towards the ROXOR. I'm hoping it will be just as fun to take the family on the trails, but a lot more capable for work around the property, mostly firewood. I've been reading alot on here the past few weeks, figured it was time I join. Currently on the hunt for a new Roxor and then I will be building it up into a work and play machine!

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I would recommend a used Roxor with the 2.5L engine vs the new. In the probable chance you want more power, tuning is not available on the new HD roxor.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Colderweather86 has a great point. The 2.5 is on point with performance, reliability, and accessories available. Nothing against the new ones. Also, congrats on your new chapter in life, best of luck with the house and 120 acres!😀

King358

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I would recommend a used Roxor with the 2.5L engine vs the new. In the probable chance you want more power, tuning is not available on the new HD roxor.
Tug Hill NY area. I thought about that, but I talked with Wade LaLone at Diesel Freaks, he said they have been working on decrypting and tuning the new 2.7 and it is "very close to completion".

King358

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Gilomen Innovations said they are working on it as well, sounded like they were a little further away.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
King358 I just bought a new 2024, after looking over Polaris and other ATV/UTV's. You will like a new 2024 Roxor just fine. They come in Gloss Black, Gloss Red and OD Green Matt as I am sure you know by now. My wife is not a real fan of Red, We have had a Gloss Black Wrangler that you cannot keep clean. We went with the OD Green, and like it just fine. Black and Red both look very good however.
Mahindra has some very good Finance Rates at the moment also. Not a bad thing at all.
Have a talk with your tire shop about swapping in the "NEW" Roxor Tires for a set of Taller/More Aggressive/10 Ply Tires. We put 235/85R16's Load Range E, Mudd and Snows on ours. The 10 Ply being the more important issue. I am not a fan of Flats at all. The factory tires are 4 Ply. No clearance issues with the 32" Tall Tires. The 2024 HD with the Stiffer Springs looks like it has a Mild Lift on it after installing the tires. With the Tires it now looks Off Road Capable.
Pretty much everything you will need for Farm Use is available.
Side Steps
Bumpers with a Reese Hitch front and back, so you can use a Ball or a Hook to drag things.
Windshield, The one that Wade Sells with CJ7 Glass looks to be as good as it gets.
The list goes on, you can customize your machine to your hearts content.

Most issues have been addressed by someone. For example the Transfer Case Shift Lever being hard to operate. A couple Flat Washers to take some pressure off the Detent Balls is the fix. I may do mine this afternoon.
The speedometer will be off with the Tall Tires. Per the Tire Size Calculator that I looked at, you will be 2 MPH faster at 20, 3 MPH faster at 30, 4 MPH faster at 40, and 5 MPH faster at 50. That is probably all you will need to know driving in town to get your speed right. I have not checked about a correction for the Speedometer yet.

Keep us posted on your build as you go.

Bob R

King358

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
King358 I just bought a new 2024, after looking over Polaris and other ATV/UTV's. You will like a new 2024 Roxor just fine. They come in Gloss Black, Gloss Red and OD Green Matt as I am sure you know by now. My wife is not a real fan of Red, We have had a Gloss Black Wrangler that you cannot keep clean. We went with the OD Green, and like it just fine. Black and Red both look very good however.
Mahindra has some very good Finance Rates at the moment also. Not a bad thing at all.
Have a talk with your tire shop about swapping in the "NEW" Roxor Tires for a set of Taller/More Aggressive/10 Ply Tires. We put 235/85R16's Load Range E, Mudd and Snows on ours. The 10 Ply being the more important issue. I am not a fan of Flats at all. The factory tires are 4 Ply. No clearance issues with the 32" Tall Tires. The 2024 HD with the Stiffer Springs looks like it has a Mild Lift on it after installing the tires. With the Tires it now looks Off Road Capable.
Pretty much everything you will need for Farm Use is available.
Side Steps
Bumpers with a Reese Hitch front and back, so you can use a Ball or a Hook to drag things.
Windshield, The one that Wade Sells with CJ7 Glass looks to be as good as it gets.
The list goes on, you can customize your machine to your hearts content.

Most issues have been addressed by someone. For example the Transfer Case Shift Lever being hard to operate. A couple Flat Washers to take some pressure off the Detent Balls is the fix. I may do mine this afternoon.
The speedometer will be off with the Tall Tires. Per the Tire Size Calculator that I looked at, you will be 2 MPH faster at 20, 3 MPH faster at 30, 4 MPH faster at 40, and 5 MPH faster at 50. That is probably all you will need to know driving in town to get your speed right. I have not checked about a correction for the Speedometer yet.

Keep us posted on your build as you go.

Bob R
Bob,
That is great info on the tires! Thank you! That is the size I was planning to go with, but thought I would need to make suspension changes to get them to fit. Besides tires the first thing on my priority list is adding a back seat and extending the roll bar so I can take my sons out on the trails with me.

King358

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Transfer Case Shift Lever being hard to operate. A couple Flat Washers to take some pressure off the Detent Balls is the fix. I may do mine this afternoon.
It would be great to see some pictures of this project if you take any!

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Wade at Diesel Freak has a Video on the Transfer Case Shift Detent Fix. The Video shows exactly what needs addressed. Easy Fix with 30 Cents worth of Washers.

Talk with your Tire Shop about swapping tires before you drive on them. I trailered my Roxor to the tire shop with about 100 feet on the factory tires after delivery to my house. The tires that I had installed were. THUNDERER TRAC GRIP M/T R LT235/85R16 Load Range E (10 Ply) Steel Belted Radials. We aired them up to 30 pounds. I have around 170 miles on them in the last week. They ride just fine. My tire shop sells them for around $180 each. The tire shop owner tells me that they do pretty well for an economical tire.

Bob R