ooooooooooo

New owner/new member

drg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
none
Hi everybody, I just picked up my new(actually used 2018) Roxor this weekend. So far, it seems like a really cool, fun machine!
I'm thrilled so far.
I must say however, on close inspection, I've noticed a surprising amount of rust and/or failing paint, especially on the hubs. Is anyone else experiencing this???

Last edited:

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi and welcome to the forum!

I have a little bit of both, but I think that mostly has to do with initial start of production problems. I have a pretty low number 87 and I have lot's of little issues like that. Try not to let it bother you too much. Pretty soon you'll be going down a trail and put a little scratch or dent in it and all the newness goes away and you just enjoy it for the rugged little beast it is!

Enjoy!!

Reactions: drg

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi everybody, I just picked up my new(actually used 2018) Roxor this weekend. So far, it seems like a really cool, fun machine!
I'm trilled so far.
I must say however, on close inspection, I've noticed a surprising amount of rust and/or failing paint, especially on the hubs. Is anyone else experiencing this???
Have a picture of your beast?

drg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
none
Have a picture...?/QUOTE]
It's pretty plain

00K0K_da3kBYTq91W_600x450.jpg00l0l_kd7MkYdS8NH_600x450.jpg

MAGAHAWK

I'm thrilled so far.
I've took some extra time inspecting my 2019 when doing my first oil change and found no issues. I will say however that the corrosion protection on Roxors is very weak and I predict a lot of serious rust issues, especially in areas with hi humidity and exposure to salt air. The are however some good aftermarket products that can be applied to CLEAN under body surfaces and components that will make a big difference in protection. Be sure to avoid spraying any "undercoat" material on areas that will require future mechanical work because the thick coating will make servicing those areas a real pain.

drg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
none
Don't worry, the customization game is just beginning lol!
Ha...no joke! I'm already committed to chip tuning. I bought that popular, universal, Grote turn signal kit(I'm hoping to get street legal status)

Oh, yes, I'm all about the rust prevention. I'm looking into stainless steel everything

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Exactly! Then there are the sub $100 upgrades like fender flares, mirror kit. But wait, how are you going to tow anything? I gotta get the pintle hitch it's only $189, it still starts with a 1! Then there are blinkers, windshield.. It's a slippery slope of "Well I already spent this much", Or In order to really use it I gotta make it street legal babe... Sorry, just practicing my argument for the wife...

drg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
none

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm all about saving a buck my friend, but this is one of those things that you need to get from the factory. Lots of people on here are buying aftermarket bumpers and having problems with them bending and such. Sounds like a problem we don't need! I literally just bought this over the weekend. I don't have a dealer that I deal with here in Canada (I'm an American living in Canada for a couple years), so I ordered this one. What you need to take note of is the big A** 3/8" plate that mounts to the Roxor. It's super important to hit all the frame attachment points! Otherwise I'm sure the pintle is fine, you just NEED the backing plate to support it. From what I understand, this hits all the critical points and makes it able to tow just about anything. I'd hate for you to bend something over $100..

oem* roxor* pintle* ball* hitch*