ooooooooooo

Maine or New Hampshire members?

MaineRox

Anyone own a Roxor in Maine or New Hampshire? I'd love to hear how it's going? Are you on the road at all? Have you had troubles on the UTV trails? Are you hangin with the Jeeps off road? Are you connected to any clubs? Give me some local reasons to add a Roxor (before the 3 grand goes away) to my 2019 Wrangler and 1949 Willys!

MaineRox

OK so there are at least two of us from Maine. How about NH? I spoke with the NH state registration office and learned that there is a better chance in NH than Maine. Not a great one, but better.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
OK so there are at least two of us from Maine. How about NH? I spoke with the NH state registration office and learned that there is a better chance in NH than Maine. Not a great one, but better.
Did Cindy help with that?

MaineRox

Unfortunately not. She believes they are as strict as Maine. She spoke with someone at a local level while I spoke with someone at the state level. Cindy was very nice, though, and left the door open for me to call her again if further help is needed.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Unfortunately not. She believes they are as strict as Maine. She spoke with someone at a local level while I spoke with someone at the state level. Cindy was very nice, though, and left the door open for me to call her again if further help is needed.
Hopefully it works out otherwise you can get it legal in Michigan but that would be a haul

Maineah

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Anyone own a Roxor in Maine or New Hampshire? I'd love to hear how it's going? Are you on the road at all? Have you had troubles on the UTV trails? Are you hangin with the Jeeps off road? Are you connected to any clubs? Give me some local reasons to add a Roxor (before the 3 grand goes away) to my 2019 Wrangler and 1949 Willys!
I’m in Maine. Picked up a Roxor last month. Haven’t had it “up to camp” yet but hope to in Sept. I’m extremely nervous about this ATV task force the Governor created this spring. If your unaware of what their intentions are you should google it. After spending all this money I’m going to be very upset if this TF convinces the Gov or IFW to ban the Roxor from the State trail system.

I may modify mine so it meets State inspection standards and try to register it as a “custom” vehicle. I’m sure like anything else in this State it will be a challenge and fight.

Trailway88

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I'm in Vermont, went to New Hampshire recently and I drove past a lifted blue roxor parked in a gravel pit.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Trying to understand this situation. So a relative few bad apples on ATV's are tearing up the Maine forests, trespassing on private land and damaging public riding trails. Looks more like a people problem, than a vehicle problem. Besides, this situation clearly started long before the introduction of Roxor in mid-2018. With virtual certainty, the handful of Roxors sold in that part of the Northeast have not been out there on a year-long mission to destroy the pristine north woods. However, the governor has appointed a Task Force to identify the culprits and bring a halt to the problem. Unfortunately, rule number one regarding a publicly funded Task Force is that it cannot come up empty handed. Roxor conveniently offers low hanging fruit. Selectively redefining a UTV to exclude those subjectively deemed too big, too heavy, etc., becomes an all too tempting possibility, and is much easier than making examples of individual abusers. Just another reminder, that for whatever the virtues, sometimes states' rights can also restrict freedoms and be subjected to undemocratic, if not farcical, interpretation by those in power with personal agendas. Assuming Mahindra would like a bite of the New England off-road market, perhaps their legal staff should take note, since this appears to be larger than a few Roxor owners can afford to tackle.

MaineRox

I’m extremely nervous about this ATV task force the Governor created this spring. If your unaware of what their intentions are you should google it.

I googled it and now think you are correct to be worried. In fact, now knowing more about the task force, I better understand the reaction of those from the state office that spoke to me. They seemed dead set against the Roxor and didn't want to engage with me anymore once I mentioned the model. It was very noticeable. When I was referring to general UTV/ATV/SxS it was ok to talk. Say Roxor and goodbye.

Maineah

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Trying to understand this situation. So a relative few bad apples on ATV's are tearing up the Maine forests, trespassing on private land and damaging public riding trails. Looks more like a people problem, than a vehicle problem. Besides, this situation clearly started long before the introduction of Roxor in mid-2018. With virtual certainty, the handful of Roxors sold in that part of the Northeast have not been out there on a year-long mission to destroy the pristine north woods. However, the governor has appointed a Task Force to identify the culprits and bring a halt to the problem. Unfortunately, rule number one regarding a publicly funded Task Force is that it cannot come up empty handed. Roxor conveniently offers low hanging fruit. Selectively redefining a UTV to exclude those subjectively deemed too big, too heavy, etc., becomes an all too tempting possibility, and is much easier than making examples of individual abusers. Just another reminder, that for whatever the virtues, sometimes states' rights can also restrict freedoms and be subjected to undemocratic, if not farcical, interpretation by those in power with personal agendas. Assuming Mahindra would like a bite of the New England off-road market, perhaps their legal staff should take note, since this appears to be larger than a few Roxor owners can afford to tackle.
I hope their legal staff catches wind of this. Something needs to be done to protect the Roxor in Maine.

Maineah

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Task force recommends restricting size of ATVs on Maine trails
So......just as I suspected Maine’s ATV task force is not Roxor friendly. Specific to the Roxor they have proposed limiting the size of ATV/UTV on Maine’s trail systems. They have proposed to Governor Mills that no machines in access of 62” and 2,000LBS be aloud on the State’s trails and I would assume it will become law. The only hope is they take mercy on the few of us in this State who have purchased one of these awesome machines and “grandfather” us. If not I’ve got a $16k machine I can only use to bring the trash bins to the curb and back. So disappointed!!