ooooooooooo

Mahindra Possible new USPS vehicles?

sandyx

Founding Member
If that's the case, F14 Tomcat pilots would be flying mail trucks too given Grumman made the LLV?. Mahindra span a vast line from some really wacky tiny lame vehicles to the top line Pininfarina Battista. It somehow manage to stay outside the image bubble. I tend to think it's due to its well respected Jeep beginnings.

sandyx

Founding Member
The first one is not a Mahindra at all. It's mentioned right under that pic in the jalop page. The 2nd pic is indeed a Mahindra.

Issue with Mahindra is they don't really know the concept of clean design. They tend to slap gawdy bits all over the exterior, which are notorious to fall off and make the vehicle look worn out. You can spot the same nonsense in their mailtruck prototype above. Only their Jeep derived line up is worth any attention. Maybe the Marazzo might change it but it too looks incomplete as any non-jeep Mahindra.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well if it's good for their business and helps mahindra get better established in the USA than I'm all for it.

Just in case everyone else hasn't noticed WE PAY FAR TOO MUCH FOR OUR VEHICLES in the USA. I won't be fooled into believing it's exclusively because of emissions or crash safety. The main auto makers in the US are all cozy with eachother and keep their prices on cars and trucks very close to eachother. Even though there are many cars to choose from there really isn't competition that's needed to keep prices compititive. That's why cars literally cost more than double what you'd pay elsewhere in the world.

We need more automakers to come to the US and create more competition. Then you'll see $10K cars again and $20K full size trucks.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Jeep priced theirselves out of business as far as I concerned.

Truth. I mean seriously 28K for a basic jeep???? And a course a lot of people are buying them anyway. We'll they can keep their plastic 15mpg heeps and I'll keep my cast iron roxor 30mpg Roxor.