ooooooooooo

Kinda of Put it to a test today.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I hauled down today to a friends house in the Iva area of SC. He has 1,000 acres on the Savanna river running out of lake Hartwell. Traversed many logging trails, rivers, etc. My impression is that this performs much like the CJ5 if you can relate to that. My advise is to stay off the clutch and throttle. It will muscle itself through most situations without having to get on either. I was surprised how easily it walked across plowed sandy ground. I’ve yet to unfurl my winch.

Love it! 2522586B-23CE-4078-8FE6-FCA15BBA4CA5.jpeg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Nice! Agreed on the TQ. The diesel is excellent.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I had a relatively small tree blow down and not break completely off the stump in a gulley and it was the perfect opportunity to use the ROXOR and winch. No problems. I am attaching pictures but they do not do justice to the incline of the slope. It was a straight line pull and it did pull the ROXOR downhill as you can see from skid marks on the rear photo. I still say the ROXOR performs off road like a CJ5. Nice. No complaints.

2BF9F0E9-7833-4809-8982-BC9D970FB3AD.jpeg DD0F4805-93B7-43FB-B67E-058FFE6D399B.jpeg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Nice! I have both a 57 CJ5 and a Roxor, and can attest to this.

I love seeing small rigs work.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Agreed , Big is not always best ,the way I see it. I was having withdrawel after selling my Sammy Tintop. The Rox looks like it will help fill the void, we will see. So far, about a week , it looks like I bought the right thing ! My only complaint so far has to be gearing. For two tracks in deep woods first gear could be lower. I have been using 4low to reduce the speed.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am typically tooling around bean and corn fields. I agree about using low range to achieve a slower speed. I look forward to getting my locking hubs so I can access the lower gears without having to make all the 4 wheel drive work. Also, I hope it will allow me to dolly tow and/or flat tow the ROXOR. So far, Mahindra hasn't release on statement on towing after the installation of locking hubs.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I used regular Willys 10-spine locking Warns from Oreilly. No need to overpay for the same thing from Mahindra.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am fortunate to have one of the premier off road vehicle shops in the US near me. Clemson 4wheel drive. I guy named Fred Perry owns it. Check it out on line. People bring stuff from all over the US for them to work on and customize. They are WARNs biggest retailer. Most of the pictures WARN uses in advertising is Fred and his Jeeps.

We got into a big discussion on the hubs and all his folks bet what you are suggesting will work. I tried every back door at Mahindra and Warn to get the spine count. Everyone very tight lipped and Mihandra informed us using something other than the product they proved would void the warrant. Additionally the sales manager for Mahindra US told me they were not going to fabricate anything that is available in the after market. I guess we will see, but assume you know by now.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
When the Rox is released from its chains, a new world opens up........( I drove one two weeks ago, not mine ) with stock Tires I could start out in third gear ! Top speed was 69 mph , more than my Sammy could accomplish by 6 mph going down hill.. if you were a trucker, no clutch needed.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Wow. Can’t wait for you guys to figure it out. I am not a mechanic, I especially liked the discussion about the change, but still being able to use the speedo and monitoring items in it. I guess it’s just a matter of time. Like someone said I think Mahindra way underestimated the market and the potential for after market.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have regular 10-spline Willys era WARN hubs on mine right now. I got them over teh counter from OReilly's part #29062