ooooooooooo

Jack questions

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'd like to get a jack and mount for my 2018 Roxor. I like the looks of the hood mount for a high-lift jack both for the price and the location. A couple of questions for those on this board more knowledgeable than me. Is a high-lift jack fine for just routine wheel swaps, say from a flat (I don't have any off-road experience and have never used one)? Or would a more conventional jack be better. If a high-lift is a fine idea, is it likely the brackets (or something similar) in the link below would work? I think the fitments overlap with the jeep body style the Roxor is modeled after:

Amazon high-lift jack roof mount

Lastly, does any board member have a different approach or option they think might work better?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a high lift and I mounted mine on the ROPS on the driver side.

Screenshot_20220429-114602_Gallery.jpg

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Steer clear of the hood mount. It's a mall crawler location. Bad spot when you need to use it. One of the ROPS bars in the back is the best location for weight distribution.

If you have the means to do so, ideal location would be on a swing gate in the rear.

Last edited:

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
For everyday use I would recommend a floor jack just a whole lot faster and easier.
Floor jacks are dangerous off road due to their small footprint. They love to sink the wheels, and you don't know which direction it is going to tip. Unless you plan on carrying a plank of wood.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
When I went to Moab I had the hi lift as a last resort jack/tool. I had a small bottle jack that was my first go to. Hi lifts are the worst choice to change a tire or lift with given other options being both available and feasible.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Absolutely. They're only a safe option IF you have a bottom plate for shoring, and a bumper hole so it won't slip off.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
But sometimes you want it to slip. Like if you have rocker guards and need to lift your undercarriage off something via the rockers and then driving off the obstruction. They have their place but lifting to work on something or changing a tire isn’t their best use.

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
You said you don't have any off-road experience, so I'm guessing you'll be driving on the hard pan most of the time??? If so, and you do mount it on the ROPS, you generally want to mount it on the passenger side and not the driver side. Now, in the unlikely event it breaks loose, it goes into the ditch and not oncoming traffic. Plus, if you do need to use it, you're not standing on the road removing it from the ROPS.

Also, they do make an attachment so you can lift more securely from a shackle mount, if you have shackles.

2dutz2

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A52AAAAAVJA001435 1435
I'd like to get a jack and mount for my 2018 Roxor. I like the looks of the hood mount for a high-lift jack both for the price and the location. A couple of questions for those on this board more knowledgeable than me. Is a high-lift jack fine for just routine wheel swaps, say from a flat (I don't have any off-road experience and have never used one)? Or would a more conventional jack be better. If a high-lift is a fine idea, is it likely the brackets (or something similar) in the link below would work? I think the fitments overlap with the jeep body style the Roxor is modeled after:

Lastly, does any board member have a different approach or option they think might work better?

2dutz2

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A52AAAAAVJA001435 1435

I have carried a high lift jack on jeeps for 40 years best lace is above the front bumper on the brush guard. It is than out of the dirt and easy to get at. In the real world I have used it may be 6 times. A floor jack is much better for small lifts and flat tires.

Dutzroxer

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I carry a high lift jack on the hood. I do not find it too bad to remove when needed. When the Roxor is at home I use a floor jack on a concrete floor. I did have to put some heavy rubble flat washers on the jack brackets and bungi cord it up to stop the rattling

lcp

I have carried a high lift jack on jeeps for 40 years best lace is above the front bumper on the brush guard. It is than out of the dirt and easy to get at. In the real world I have used it may be 6 times. A floor jack is much better for small lifts and flat tires.

Dutzroxer
I agree completely. I fabbed up some simple mounts, out of channel iron, on the front of my TJ. IT not only puts the jack in an easy access, out of the way location, but it also lets the jack act as a brush guard protecting the grill and radiator.

1669325283424.jpeg

I'm planning to do the same thing on my 2018 Roxor. You can see the front of it in the upper left part of the pic.

Last edited: