ooooooooooo

It's been a long time since I joined a forum

allenintexas

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
but here I am. I've looked at Roxors ever since I saw one in Lubbock Texas quite a few years ago but I could never quite pull the trigger on one. Well that changed a couple of months back. I found a little blue 2018 sweetie in Cypress Texas for what I considered to be a reasonable price and it was in immaculate condition with extremely low miles (less than 2000) so, I drove 520 miles one way, picked her up and brought her home. I've been tinkering and making her mine since then and I was finally able to take a hunting trip with her. She has a few scratches now but it was all a success except for one thing. She took a rock in the headlight while riding on the trailer and now she is one eyed so im wondering if anyone, after putting after market headlights in their Roxor, still has the stock headlights they would like to get rid of cheap. I cannot find a factory replacement and I am not ready to go the custom LED route yet. I still have other things I want to do first.
So far I have added step so it's easier to get into, added 4 ammo boxes to the back for "things", mounted 2 bass boat seats in the back and converted the 2 person roll cage to a 4 and built a hard top for it and to go with the hard top, I added a Hard Cabs Tilt up windshield with wipers. I haven't installed the wipers yet but I will. I am still planning on adding a light bar on top facing forward, two small ones on each side facing left and right and 2 on the rear so we can see what we are doing when we drag dead pigs out of the field. The light bars are why I'm trying to replace the headlight with a stock one.
1668269891808.png
I'm going to try to add a few pictures...
1668269812404.png
1668269914547.png
1668269929010.png
1668269812404.png1668269891808.png1668269914547.png1668269929010.png

allenintexas

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I replaced the stock head lights in my Roxor with KC Hilite headlights (2 years ago). Pricy but top quality and lighting is at the level of a modern car.
Others here replaced the headlights with 7" LED headlights from Amazon or Ebay. Plenty of options.

I'm sure I still have my original Roxor headlights. Of you can wait until Wednesday, I can tell you for sure (I'm out of town now). I'll sell them to you for cheap.

If you search this forum for "KC HiLites" you can find my step by step description on how to replace the headlights.

On a side note, if that is your shop in the pictures, you are one lucky person!
Azroc, That is my storage barn 45x75 with 16 foot walls. I keep our toys in it. My pontoon, my son's go fast boat, our motorcycles, other stuff. My Shop is 40x 84 with 12 foot walls. It's where I do my "work". I'll be 71 my next birthday and I retired in 2016 just 3 months short of 40 years at the same job. All this stuff was a long time coming. Yes, I feel very blessed and lucky. Just let me know on the lights. It's not like I'm in a hurry.

Last edited:

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I highly recommend the KC headlights. Much better and not what I consider high priced at all. Plus the lenses are glass and not plastic so you don’t have to worry about them getting discolored from age.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Welcome to the forum nice roxor. Look forward to reading you future posts and seeing what you do with your roxor!

allenintexas

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I highly recommend the KC headlights. Much better and not what I consider high priced at all. Plus the lenses are glass and not plastic so you don’t have to worry about them getting discolored from age.
That's the route I plan to take but not right now. Other stuff first.

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Which model/type of the KC did you get? Are they direct plug in, or will I need to change connectors?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Which model/type of the KC did you get? Are they direct plug in, or will I need to change connectors?

They were a direct swap. Only thing is you need to trim the stock retaining ring in two spots for it to fit. There are alignment tabs on the lights and they won’t bolt up otherwise with out the retaining ring having the reliefs cut into it. A dremel tool with a cutoff wheel makes easy work of it.

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

They were a direct swap. Only thing is you need to trim the stock retaining ring in two spots for it to fit. There are alignment tabs on the lights and they won’t bolt up otherwise with out the retaining ring having the reliefs cut into it. A dremel tool with a cutoff wheel makes easy work of it.
Thank you

allenintexas

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey guys, Thanks to AZROX, I am now no longer a one eyed Roxor owner. Or a "Perdidle" as CJ2Rox said. Now to continue on with my plans. For now I will still concentrate on light bars and I think I may go ahead and build a cab for it. The roll cage and top was pretty easy so "why not?" The dirt getting into everything while I"m running down a dirt road (rifles, ears, nose, mouth, beer) is more of a concern than temperature control. I guess maybe I need to go somewhere else than this new members thingie for those discussions. I do have a few questions so see y'all later.

But where do I go??

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Alot of great info on here from members. I have made many upgrades that I didn't think of due the membes here. Have fun with your Roxor, truly a great rig