ooooooooooo

Installing Maxbilt trail tail lights

tumblerox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I thought I should paste what I learned about installing new LED tail lights. Moral of the story is "remove the OEM lens/cover to see what color wire activates which bulb."
I struggled with the finding a way to convert 5 wire light into a 4 wire light. I should mention that I had previously installed the XTC self cancelling turn signal plug and play kit.
Also, thank you to Josh at Dirt Legal for offering "tear into" your roxor to review the wiring on your similar XTC set up.

the roxor oem tail light was getting power to the brown wire and the blue/green wire when the brake pedal was depressed. This would activate both the turn light and the center light. The center light draws power from the brown wire and the white (tail light) wire.

Therefore, by eliminating the brown wire, one could still press the brake pedal and power would run via blue/green (turn)wire to the “turn” bulb and light it up.

Since the turn bulb is the same as the brake bulb on the Maxbilt trail tail, utilizing the blue/green wire and eliminating the brown wire entirely fixed the issue.