ooooooooooo

Hood Latch?

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
When I look under the hood there is a place to put a spring loaded hood latch in the middle. At high speed, if the rubber catches fail, the hood flying up is a potential hazzard.

Am I just being overly cautious or could this be a thing?

Thanks

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The latches on both my 2018 and 2019 are not made from rubber. They are made from some kind of metal and are spring loaded.

I have had both Roxors at 65 mph (per Garmin GPS) and neither hood even as much as showed even the slightest sign of lifting.

There are two buckles already. Not worried about another latch.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have just don't latch the hood! Get a high enough speed the 85 CJ7 the hood will fly up and make a nice crease in the hood. The catch won't hold. Just a dumb dumb move by a 18 yr old kid!! Me!

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have just don't latch the hood! Get a high enough speed the 85 CJ7 the hood will fly up and make a nice crease in the hood. The catch won't hold. Just a dumb dumb move by a 18 yr old kid!! Me!
Lol

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Attached are pics.

I was wrong in my first post. They are not rubber, they are metal of some type and have a hook on the inside next to the hood and latches to a 'C' attached to the hood. It is held down by a spring.

When I owned a JK the hood latches were suspect and there were a number of after market upgrades.

It may not be a thing for our ROXORs. latch 1.jpglatch 2.jpglatch 3.jpg

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
These latches have worked for years then wrangler changed the design and made them cheap. Roxor is original design and have zero issues. The roxor is far more rugged by design like the original Jeep before Fiat made it plastic and cheap