ooooooooooo

High pressure fuel pump (unit pump)

Gene Trask

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just wanted to see if anyone has had success in rebuilding\cleaning the unit pressure pump?
With the ignition on, I am getting fuel to injectors at 20psi. That pressure comes from the tank pump.
My fuel rail pressure goes up to 53 when I am trying to crank.
I took the fuel line off the unit pump, and although fuel comes through with the key on, with my thumb I can restrict the flow even when I am cranking.
Before I would have 1100 psi or more on the fuel rail while cranking.
Just wanting to see if anyone has taken the "unit pump" disassembled and cleaned. (With success) the picture is from ebay.

s-l400.jpg

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sounds like you are still suffering from pumping bad fuel from a barrel months back.

Since you have multiple pressure readings, I assume you are already working with a local mechanic.
If they cannot rebuild the pump, I would look into finding a diesel shop in the US and shipping the pump and the injectors. I’m not a mechanic, but if after all these months chasing the problem, you may find the injectors have issues, too. If they leak down (just a drop) as the engine shuts down, the diesel will washout lubrication. Rings will seize over time. That’s my experience with my tractor whose previous owner poorly maintained the machine.

Be careful with diesel fuel (or any other fluid) and high pressure. You said you can restrict flow with your thumb. Don’t have it inject diesel into your skin. It will destroy tissue.

Gene Trask

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
For any that might be interested. I found this on you tube. Concerning the unit pump. Can't understand it but it at least shows the disassembly.
Mine is obviously not working.