ooooooooooo

Grinds shifting into reverse

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My Roxor has 100 miles on it and just recently started grinding when I shift into reverse. Two different things happen.

1) when I’m in neutral with the engine running, then depress the clutch and shift to reverse, the transmission grinds upon shifting.

or

2) when I shift into reverse under normal driving conditions sometimes it simply won’t go into gear. I have to roll to get it to engage.

Both of these started happening after I installed warn hubs up front. Any help here would be so appreciated.

xtremeshuey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the same problem with my 2019 Roxor. What i have to do, is when i'm in neutral I have to rev it up a little bit then it will go into reverse. But I don't know how to stop the grinding problem that you have. The only time i have a problem with it grinding is when it is rolling just a little bit forward and then try and putting it in reverse without being at a complete stop. So, i just stop fully then rev it up a little then put it into reverse then it doesn't grind.

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I used to have an old Thunderbird that required the same treatment (The 1987 2.2L Turbo Coupe). Even sitting in the driveway from a dead stop I had to go from 1st (Park) to 2nd and then reverse. It would never go from 1st to reverse without grinding or binding. I never had any transmission problems, although I did burn up a clutch trying to learn to "drive a stick", (A.K.A. trying to burn rubber in 2nd, chirp it in 3rd).

Son, if you're reading this, don't "burn rubber" in our Roxor! That smell isn't the tires....it's the clutch....

Last edited: