ooooooooooo

Grill Cover...

HVSKERZ

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Does Anyone have any ideas on a grill cover or screen?
The grasshoppers and bugs have already started to damage the aluminum fins on the radiator, need to stop that.
Problem is I think it needs to be easily removable for cleaning purposes, and the front grill to radiator area are not easily accessible.
Therefore, I am thinking on the outside of the grill.
Like inserts that are available for Jeeps...
Ideas???

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I ordered a piece of 304 SST #10 mesh woven wire screen from Amazon, intend to cut 5 strips to lay in the plastic grill slots and secure with small wire ties to the factory grill mesh, all from outside. Not sure but may paint flat black. Sorry no pics as I haven't completed project, planned for winter.

FloridaJeeper

Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Did something similar last year with a woven wire mesh stainless steel screen - (stainless steel screen - wire mesh ) from there.

I cut them using these awesome "Wiss" brand aviation snips, and it cut like nothing - what mesh count number did you use? I used 10x10 - which means 10 wires per inch - but wishing now that I would have used something a little bit tighter. I was worried about restricting air flow too much - probably should have done a 20x20 - 20 wires per inch.

Post some pics when you get a chance!

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a problem with grasshoppers and seeds. My wife had a great Idea. I got gutter guard I had laying around and painted it with Rustoleum Hammered Black. Cut it for the slots and wire tied to the plastic. Does not restrict air flow, but does keep bugs and seeds out. I did have to enlarge the hole in radiator shroud just big enough to fit my arm in. Made a cover out of diamond plate aluminum for that.
Roxor Grill.jpg

HTW

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I have a problem with grasshoppers and seeds. My wife had a great Idea. I got gutter guard I had laying around and painted it with Rustoleum Hammered Black. Cut it for the slots and wire tied to the plastic. Does not restrict air flow, but does keep bugs and seeds out. I did have to enlarge the hole in radiator shroud just big enough to fit my arm in. Made a cover out of diamond plate aluminum for that. View attachment 1806
Very cool idea!

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
When I first got the Roxor I went out to the field to check cattle. Grass was high. Didn't think anything about it until I got back to the barn and saw the radiator covered in grass seeds and grass. The air tunnel is very efficient at channeling air to the radiator. The inspection hole in the shroud was not quite big enough to get my arm in to brush off the radiator. A vacuum hose was out of the question as well. I got out my Air saw and enlarged the hole back to the rib in the metal on the shroud. I think that makes the hole about 3.5"x5". Made a plate to keep critters out. Makes for easy cleaning. If anything gets past the screen, I blow it out from the back side of the radiator and vacuum out the shroud.

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Did something similar last year with a woven wire mesh stainless steel screen - (stainless steel screen - wire mesh ) from there.

I cut them using these awesome "Wiss" brand aviation snips, and it cut like nothing - what mesh count number did you use? I used 10x10 - which means 10 wires per inch - but wishing now that I would have used something a little bit tighter. I was worried about restricting air flow too much - probably should have done a 20x20 - 20 wires per inch.

Post some pics when you get a chance!

Purchased #10 mesh, have not installed, planned for later in winter.

HVSKERZ

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a problem with grasshoppers and seeds. My wife had a great Idea. I got gutter guard I had laying around and painted it with Rustoleum Hammered Black. Cut it for the slots and wire tied to the plastic. Does not restrict air flow, but does keep bugs and seeds out. I did have to enlarge the hole in radiator shroud just big enough to fit my arm in. Made a cover out of diamond plate aluminum for that. View attachment 1806
Great idea... Just did the same thing, just on the outside of the existing grill so that it is easily cleaned and/or removed