ooooooooooo

Good looking hard top???

Buckpasser

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So, maybe it’s been discussed and I’m just unaware, but what the heck? All the hard cabs I can find look like the back corner is an exact 90 degree angle. From the rear view it looks like a perfectly true right angle box. Is no one making a YJ type top that has decent lines and rounded corners? I get and appreciate the utility value of a big square cab, but it’s simply too ugly to be appealing to me, and I have a feeling there are a bunch of potential customers like me. It shouldn’t be too tough to fab a rops with good lines (I’ve seen one really good looking home brew on this forum), and fit it with a nice glass top. Maybe nearly completely copy a Jeep cab? Anyway, rant over. If there’s one out there I’d love to see it, if I’m the weirdo here, please put me in my place.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think a slant back would look good, especially if you flow with the roll bars. I know an after market Jeep place makes them. However, you do lose some space.

Screenshot_20210527-201034~2.png

Screenshot_20210527-201034~2.png

Buckpasser

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think a slant back would look good, especially if you flow with the roll bars. I know an after market Jeep place makes them. However, you do lose some space.

View attachment 9151

That’s a great start. Another issue to overcome is the awkward looking factory 4 passenger ROPS. I’m sure it’s just wishful thinking, but I’m hopeful the ET 2021 model overhaul is giving Mahindra a chance to make some other smart moves. If not, maybe aftermarket folks keep digging for us.

Buckpasser

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’ve continued to scout around and I’m extremely curious about the Rally Tops sport top. It has the slant back almost exactly as Roxasuras mentioned. Looks pretty sharp and since they didn’t follow the exact angle of the factory 2 passenger roll bar, I’m thinking passengers could still ride in a rear seat under it. Thoughts?

E2E50826-F790-4E7D-AFA1-9921E89D4652.jpeg

E2E50826-F790-4E7D-AFA1-9921E89D4652.jpeg

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ve continued to scout around and I’m extremely curious about the Rally Tops sport top. It has the slant back almost exactly as Roxasuras mentioned. Looks pretty sharp and since they didn’t follow the exact angle of the factory 2 passenger roll bar, I’m thinking passengers could still ride in a rear seat under it. Thoughts?

View attachment 9322

View attachment 9322
That's better but still pretty dang hideous. It comes down to that extra tall roll bar height and the goofy windshield options.

Buckpasser

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's better but still pretty dang hideous. It comes down to that extra tall roll bar height and the goofy windshield options.

You’re not wrong. I still believe the height would be an obstacle easily enough overcome if it weren’t for the super square shape of the rear corners.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Overall I think the besr looking top is the soft can Roxor put out last year for 2500. It reminds me a lot of the tops we used in east Africa.