ooooooooooo

Getting the Ball Rolling on a New Machine

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Tomorrow after work I am headed off to pick up a Fortress Top and Fortress Tilt Out Windshield for the Roxor. At that point I will be committed to owning one.
I am probably going with a Brand New 2024 from my local Agricultural Dealer. I have not picked a Color yet. Probably between Green and Black. Red is not my wife's favorite color, even though she does not complain about my Rock Lobster Wrangler. Rock Lobster changes from Red to Orange depending on the light.

I will probably stop by my local Tire Shop that I normally do business with, and check on swapping tires to 10 Ply and a Taller Profile while the Roxor Factory tires are still in new condition to trade.

My first parts order will be steps so my wife can get in. Unfortunately my local dealer does not have the Roxor steps on hand to install. They should work until I decide what higher dollar steps might be better.

I have been looking over all the parts I might want to go with the Fortress Top and Tilt Out Windshield.
I normally am not out in the rain much, so I am sure that Manual Wipers will take care of my needs.
The Diesel Freak's Rear two piece Bulkhead looks to have some promise. It will need more research on compatibility with the Fortress Top.
Unfortunately Fortress does not make Full doors to go along with the Top and Windshield. So far I have not located full door's that will work as stand alone parts. Fortress does make Half Doors that should help to keep mud out of the cab.

As you can tell I have been doing research.

Bob R

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Friday afternoon it was pouring down rain. I will make the trip first thing Saturday morning to get the Fortress Top and Windshield.

I have been looking for Mahindra Roxor Side Steps. For $30 they cannot be beat. HOWEVER they have been discontinued. I checked a couple dealers, and no one close still has any. Diesel Freaks shows them in stock at $114.63 Shipped. I ordered a set from Wade Friday. Now that I have made an order I am sure that I will find a cheaper source on them, new or used.

I have another post on checking the TOTAL PRICE to know exactly what you are paying. A dealer in Illinois has left over 2022 and 2023 machines. They annoyed me by not listing the Out The Door Price in their add. However their price on a hold over 2022 or 2023 is still not all that bad. While looking for the Side Steps I saw some other holdover 2023's that other dealers had that were a lot higher than the Illinois Dealer's price.
I am seriously thinking about a road trip Monday to Illinois to look over what they have on the lot. If it is not raining. Probably take my Wrangler, and not a truck and trailer for the recon trip.

With both NEW 2022 and 2023 Machines to pick from, the main difference between the two would be the 2.5L vs the 2.7L Engines. I believe every thing else is the same on the body. This would be real easy if the 2022 was still the older body style :). So far I have not read enough about owners with the new 2.7L to really get a handle on how big an improvement the new 2.7L Engine might be. Lower HP and No Tune so far being most of what I have learned. Looks like they all still use the same Oil and Air Filter, that is a PLUS. The 2023/2024 2.7L uses a different and more expensive Spin-On Fuel Filter, which might be an improvement? The older machines may have Goodyear Wrangler Tires. I know the new 2024's have tires made in India that I have never heard of. I am 100% sure that my local Tire Shop would rather I swapped in new Goodyears Wranglers over an Indian tire they know nothing about. The 2.7L Oil Fill is an improvement over the 2.5L Engine. Something I read said something about Valves or Lifters being different or improved on the 2.7L.

Opinions on the 2.5L vs the 2.7L are welcome.

More to come.

Bob R

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Friday afternoon it was pouring down rain. I will make the trip first thing Saturday morning to get the Fortress Top and Windshield.

I have been looking for Mahindra Roxor Side Steps. For $30 they cannot be beat. HOWEVER they have been discontinued. I checked a couple dealers, and no one close still has any. Diesel Freaks shows them in stock at $114.63 Shipped. I ordered a set from Wade Friday. Now that I have made an order I am sure that I will find a cheaper source on them, new or used.

I have another post on checking the TOTAL PRICE to know exactly what you are paying. A dealer in Illinois has left over 2022 and 2023 machines. They annoyed me by not listing the Out The Door Price in their add. However their price on a hold over 2022 or 2023 is still not all that bad. While looking for the Side Steps I saw some other holdover 2023's that other dealers had that were a lot higher than the Illinois Dealer's price.
I am seriously thinking about a road trip Monday to Illinois to look over what they have on the lot. If it is not raining. Probably take my Wrangler, and not a truck and trailer for the recon trip.

With both NEW 2022 and 2023 Machines to pick from, the main difference between the two would be the 2.5L vs the 2.7L Engines. I believe every thing else is the same on the body. This would be real easy if the 2022 was still the older body style :). So far I have not read enough about owners with the new 2.7L to really get a handle on how big an improvement the new 2.7L Engine might be. Lower HP and No Tune so far being most of what I have learned. Looks like they all still use the same Oil and Air Filter, that is a PLUS. The 2023/2024 2.7L uses a different and more expensive Spin-On Fuel Filter, which might be an improvement? The older machines may have Goodyear Wrangler Tires. I know the new 2024's have tires made in India that I have never heard of. I am 100% sure that my local Tire Shop would rather I swapped in new Goodyears Wranglers over an Indian tire they know nothing about. The 2.7L Oil Fill is an improvement over the 2.5L Engine. Something I read said something about Valves or Lifters being different or improved on the 2.7L.

Opinions on the 2.5L vs the 2.7L are welcome.

More to come.

Bob R
They negotiated their out the door price down a little more, so it’s worth the time to try

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just keep in mind that if you are planning on buying the base model, don't count on being able to easily add A/C, as Vintage Air, the supplier for Mahindra is in an exclusive contract and getting the A/C system in almost impossible. Your only other A/C option I know of is the fully electric roof top option from Wade at Diesel Freak, but that requires running two alternators to supply the power, but appears to work well. If you buy the all weather version to get the A/C, you will be discarding the cab that you are paying for to install your new aftermarket cab.

WY_ROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just keep in mind that if you are planning on buying the base model, don't count on being able to easily add A/C, as Vintage Air, the supplier for Mahindra is in an exclusive contract and getting the A/C system in almost impossible. Your only other A/C option I know of is the fully electric roof top option from Wade at Diesel Freak, but that requires running two alternators to supply the power, but appears to work well. If you buy the all weather version to get the A/C, you will be discarding the cab that you are paying for to install your new aftermarket cab.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well I am back home from Van Buren Missouri with my Fortress Top, and Windshield. With a Bonus Electric Wiper assembly that I had not counted on. I talked with Tim for an hour or so asking questions about his machine. I learned a lot.

Tim had replaced the Fortress Top and Windshield on his machine with a Hard Cab (Half Cab). The enclosed cab will let his Diesel Freak Heater work a lot better. He also was in the process of installing one of Wade's Roof Mounted AC units.

I will need to unload the truck and do a parts inventory. I will probably need to round up some mounting hardware for both the Roof and Windshield in the next couple weeks.

Bob R

Last edited:
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Shout out to Wade of Diesel Freak and to Hard Cabs for offering the Vintage Air Heat and A/C system. Back in 2022 obtaining such a unit was like pulling hen's teeth. Your only option was to try and find a dealer that had one still in stock from when Mahindra used to make them available.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well I did not go to Illinois this morning to look at 2022 and 2023 Holdovers.
I checked the reviews on that dealership. I will leave it at that.

THE GOOD NEWS I went to Hirsch Feed & Farm Supply in West Plains Missouri this morning. Mark the Equipment Sales Manager who has worked their for ever took very good care of me. I am totally happy with my experience, Five Stars PLUS. I am now the proud owner of the 2024 OD Green Roxor that I had looked at a couple times already. The listed price was the TOTAL PRICE. In fact they took another $500 off the Listed Price. :) make that :) :)
They ran it through the Shop before delivery to check the Fluids, and everything else they normally check.

I stopped by Nathan's Tire Shop in Summersville Missouri, where I have done all of my tire business for years. I should have a set of 10 PLY 235/85R16 M&S Tires on it tomorrow afternoon.

I stopped by State Farm and added the Roxor to my Insurance Policy's on the way home. I then picked up my Texas County Missouri and City of Houston Missouri ATV/UTV Permits. That just leaves Shannon County. I will probably wait until next Monday or Tuesday to go to Eminence to get the Shannon County ATV/UTV Tag, and that should work out to eat at the Mexican Restaurant while their. :)

Hirsch will be delivering the Roxor around 2:45 this afternoon. The driver called about 20 minutes ago, and he is on the way with it loaded on a roll back.

FORTRESS ROOF & WINDSHIELD: I did not get any of the Mounting Hardware with the Roof and Windshield, which is mostly Bolts, Washers, and Lock Nuts. First thing before calling Fortress about Mounting Hardware, I will set the top on, and see what I need to mount it, and the Windshield. I might be able to fabricate what I need.

Bob R

Last edited:
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Bob, I thought you were in Missouri, I am confused on your Harris county and city of Houston permits. Are these off-road permits or are you looking to drive on streets in Texas? In any case congratulations.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I live in Texas County Missouri. Our Largest Town in Texas County is Houston Missouri.

The permits will let me drive in the City of Houston Missouri, and County Maintained Roads in Texas County in Missouri. Supposed to stay off State Highways. As an "Agricultural Vehicle" we can normally get by with limited highway driving as long as you are on roads with very little traffic. Also less chance of running into a State Trooper.
A good example is a couple locations where I need to get on a secondary blacktop for a mile or so to get on another gravel road.

The Roxor is in my drive way. The delivery driver helped me set the Fortress Top on the roll bars. Looks like it will work fine.
I called Fortress to check on a Hardware kit. Supposed to get mounting instructions and a parts list e-mail to me.

UPDATE: Tiffany at Fortress sent me the parts list. I have responded back to her. The Hardware for the roof has Seal Washers that could be fabricated. The hard one would be the two front roof mounting brackets that bolt to the Side Roll Bar at the front. I have a Hill-Billy Engineering Degree. I could fabricate the parts if I had to. But I would rather order the factory Mounting Hardware.

SECOND UPDATE: I moved the Roxor so the wife could mow the front yard. I am not driving it until I get the tires swapped tomorrow. Looking over the Gage Cluster while I had it running, which is hard to see by the way. I just noticed that Hirsch Feed and Farm Supply West Plains Missouri, My Semi Local Roxor Dealer, had delivered the Roxor with a FULL TANK of Diesel Fuel. WOW :) I am even more impressed with them.

First off Mark the Sales Manager treated me like I was his neighbor, and good friend.
He took an extra $500 off the price that I was happy with. I had no issue paying the asking price at all.
They checked the Fluids Levels and looked it over before sending it out. Not because I asked them to, they do this with every Tractor they sell. Apparently tractors come low on fluids also.
They delivered it free of charge even though I live 50 miles away.
It was delivered with a full tank of Diesel Fuel.
This should be good for SIX STAR'S on a FIVE STAR Scale.
I am not sure how buying this machine could have went any better.
I have no reason to believe that Mark would have treated anyone else differently than he did me either. We have bought things from Hirsch for years. Every employee we have ever delt with has been great to work with. Honestly with the number of employees they have, I have no idea how they have so many that go above and beyond every day. I had not thought about it until now. I have never had a bad experience in the store.

Bob R

Last edited:
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Wow. I had no idea there was a county in Missouri with the name of Texas, and that the Texas county has a city named Houston. There has to be a story there.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Their is a story, but I would need to research it.

About the AC. I am 100% sure that I will never even consider an AC on this machine.
A Heater with Defroster I would consider.

I will probably add Diesel Freak's Rear Two Piece Bulkhead with a Glass Rear Window sooner or later. Probably sooner. So far that looks to be the best bulkhead I have looked over. Two piece is good. Large glass window to see out of is also good.
I am not sure about full doors just yet. It would be nice if Fortress would build some Modular Doors. Being able to piece a Modular Cab together over time would be good. I have a couple of local fabricators capable of building a modular door similar to the Door Assembly on a Hard Cab. I may need to go see the guy I bought the Roof and Windshield from, and this time take lots of pictures of his Hard Cab Doors.

Bob R

Last edited:

Badhunnter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Well I am back home from Van Buren Missouri with my Fortress Top, and Windshield. With a Bonus Electric Wiper assembly that I had not counted on. I talked with Tim for an hour or so asking questions about his machine. I learned a lot.

Tim had replaced the Fortress Top and Windshield on his machine with a Hard Cab (Half Cab). The enclosed cab will let his Diesel Freak Heater work a lot better. He also was in the process of installing one of Wade's Roof Mounted AC units.

I will need to unload the truck and do a parts inventory. I will probably need to round up some mounting hardware for both the Roof and Windshield in the next couple weeks.

Bob R
Enjoyed talking with you, hope you find the Roxor your looking for and enjoy it as much as I have.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Tim we just took the OD Green 2024 Roxor for a spin to the Summersville Saddle Club Grounds. This was the first Drive for the Roxor. I drove it over, and the wife drove it back. It did not ride nearly as rough as I had expected it to. This was probably close to a 25 mile round trip. It is fun to drive.

The Digital Dash Gage Cluster is hard to see. With light shining on it you cannot see anything. On the way home you could make out the Speed, and the Tach barely. If it were up to me it would have a Conventional Speedometer, Tachometer, Oil Pressure gage, Temperature gage, and an Amp gage that are useful and easy to see. Adding some REAL Gages down the road is probably on my List.

I got an e-mail from Tiffany at Fortress. I should have a price for all the Fortress Mounting Hardware with Shipping tomorrow, so that I can get the Roof and Windshield Installed with fresh factory hardware.

TUESDAY UPDATE
We made a road trip to Eminence for lunch at Dos Rios Mexican Restaurant. I wanted to pick up the permit so that I could have a mounting plate fabricated tomorrow. (No idea what size the Permit was) And we ended up having the time to make the trip today. The Shannon County Sheriff was eating lunch when we got to Dos Rios. I asked him if we needed to go to his office, or the Court House for the ATV/UTV Permit. Court House, Second Floor, County Clerks Office. That took care of all three Permits that I need to display. All three are 4" X 4" Square. I believe I will have an Aluminum Plate cut out to display them on. The plate should fit vertical next to the Tail Light on the left side. I will probably add a spare tire and carrier to the tail gate. So I probably need to avoid mounting anything to the tail gate that the spare tire will cover up.

I got the Tires swapped when we got back from Eminence. Nathan installed (Four) Thunderer TRAC GRIP M/T R, Load Range E, LT235/85R16 Steel Belted Radial Tires on the Roxor. The Roxor now looks Off Road Capable. It is starting to remind me of my old FJ40 Landcruiser more all the time. They put 30 pounds of air in the tires. We were on a little black top on the drive. I did not hear any road noise coming from the tires.

We really need the Side Steps now to get in. Wade has them in the mail. Hopefully they will arrive before weekend.

I will need to get a couple Roll Bar Grab Handles, and some Mirrors next.
The Glass CJ7 Windshield should work fine to have the local Auto Glass Shop Glue a Car Mirror to.
I have been looking over side mirrors. I need to pick carefully. The first set I got for Door Off Use on my Wrangler JK were junk. The second pair are as good as Factory, because they are Factory Manual Adjust JK Mirrors with a Solid, Well Designed Mounting Bracket made for them. Moral of the story. Do more research, and hopefully get good mirrors the first time.

Back to researching Side Mirrors.

Bob R

2dutz2

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A52AAAAAVJA001435 1435
Take a picture of original side steps and weld up using 1 inch square steel tubing. Rc