ooooooooooo

Front locker part number.

rayallen

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So I guess no one in this forum has installed a front locker in their Roxor. I ordered a rear one Monday and it was delivered today, Wednesday. Will a rear locker not work on the front?

rayallen

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So I guess no one in this forum has installed a front locker in their Roxor. I ordered a rear one Monday and it was delivered today, Wednesday. Will a rear locker not work on the front?
Ok, called Powertrax...Lock Right company. Told them I have a 2019 Mahindra Roxor with Dana 44 with 19 spline axles. They told me if what I said is correct the 2413-LR will fit both front and rear third members. If what Mahindra says is correct this will fit both ends, front and rear.

B

Bister

I have the Spartan LunchBox front and back from Roxor, so I'm not much help to you, but they are the same lockers front and back.

rayallen

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the Spartan LunchBox front and back from Roxor, so I'm not much help to you, but they are the same lockers front and back.
Blister do you have any trouble with the lunchbox up front. I am doing front and back and have been told I will have hell turning or driving hiway speeds even with lock out hubs. What do you think?

B

Bister

Your fine with look out hubs, but when you are in 4x4 it turns worth crap, you are always fighting it cause they don't really release unless there is a lot of pressure to force them to like on pavement and the back locker wants to push you forward so the front stays engaged. If I did it agin, I would do the spartan in the back and to an OX in the front giving me 3 wheel drive till I engage the front, then you could steer and just lock the front up like a quad it you are familiar with them. The spartan in the back is great, I like the it is locked even in 2x4 when I am in my trails, cause lots of times I just need a bit extra to get up some wet grass hit etc and it is there, not stopping to engage anything, just step on it. Other folks have different options, but thats what I would do.

rayallen

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Your fine with look out hubs, but when you are in 4x4 it turns worth crap, you are always fighting it cause they don't really release unless there is a lot of pressure to force them to like on pavement and the back locker wants to push you forward so the front stays engaged. If I did it agin, I would do the spartan in the back and to an OX in the front giving me 3 wheel drive till I engage the front, then you could steer and just lock the front up like a quad it you are familiar with them. The spartan in the back is great, I like the it is locked even in 2x4 when I am in my trails, cause lots of times I just need a bit extra to get up some wet grass hit etc and it is there, not stopping to engage anything, just step on it. Other folks have different options, but thats what I would do.
Blister thanks. I don't think I will put a locker up front. I won't be climbing rocks but just checking cattle when it is wet.

B

Bister

Blister thanks. I don't think I will put a locker up front. I won't be climbing rocks but just checking cattle when it is wet.
I basically drive mine like you will be. I didn't really need the locker up from but if I did do it again, I wouldn't do the Spartan LunchBox in the front, I would do a selectable in the front and I'm fine with the Spartan in the rear axle. I found the best upgrade was some better tires for the light mud. The Ko2's I had just turned into slicks in the mud. Do better tires before you do a front locker, but the back one you won't regret whether you change tires or not.

I kept the same width of tire just a bit taller and more aggressive, I went with a 235/85R16 in a 10 ply mud truck tire, cheapest I could find. A few on here have gone with this size and found them to be great. I like narrow tires to get to the bottom, I'm not looking for floatation. I can now get around places that I wouldn't even consider if it was wet out.

C64781CE-12C9-4561-9340-4E95951DD7E3.jpeg44D0FCE3-4062-4E35-9FE0-6DA6B0CAD05F.jpegD5A07EF3-AA30-43C9-AE77-4C02F8AC72C0.jpeg

B

Bister

This isn't the best video work I have done, but this is testing the better tires in the rain, with a buddy. We never would have made it to this spot, let alone turn around in it and get out of it and drive just about anywhere we wanted to that day in my valley trails. We tried climbing that hill, but it was real greasy and the camera doesn't show how steep it is. You can see our tracks. I never make it up that hill with anything I have when its wet, even the cows pretty much slide down it if its wet. This is with front and rear spartan lockers and the bigger tires. The little extra clearance is nice also.

This is the same hill and hole. Again I hate how a camera flattens the hills. lol

Last edited by a moderator: