ooooooooooo

First post. Transmission troubles!

Uncle Chuck

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey Y’all!
I’ve been reading some of your posts and I think that I have some things to contribute. I also am looking for ideas and experiences that I have in common with others.
Here we go…….
I bought my 2019 Roxor in January of 2020. I started driving it and with just 100 miles on it, I noticed that the transmission was growling/howling and it was getting louder the more I drove it.
Being an old wrench-twister myself, I started checking stuff. I discovered that the transmission was practically empty of gear oil. I topped it off, but over the next 1500 miles, it continued to worsen.
I took it back to the dealer, expecting to have the transmission replaced. Not so. They were very disinclined to do that. They did change the oil. The service manager said to drive it a couple hundred more miles to see what happens. OK. Now, a couple of hundred miles later, it is definitely quieter, but I’m really wondering if they just put a band-aid on it to get me over the warranty period.
Anybody else have this issue???

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Was their any metal in the oil? It's on the dealer to do an inspection on all fluids. This is a known issue from a lot of Roxors. I would contact MANA themselves and see what they have to say. The dealer may be inclined to replace it at their dime due to negligence, that may be why they don't want to

Uncle Chuck

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Copy that! I’ve got pics!

B3537CE4-E5D7-4561-B710-F70788D4C18D.jpeg 70FC683E-3318-4474-95FF-A1999A38E9AB.jpeg

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That looks pretty normal for a first change. If the gears got hot enough, the tempering is gone. They will come apart. Keep driving it, maybe it'll come apart and you will get a new one

Uncle Chuck

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Another thought…. I bought their extended warranty, something I usually don’t do.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That extended warranty may become a life saver for you, what all does it cover?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Make sure you have documentation from the dealer regarding the initial visit. Every thing from the noise to the drain and fill. Especially if they charged you for the fluid change. Keep it all. If things go south you may need it in the event the dealer has a memory lapse. That might be your saving grace with Mana regarding getting it warrantied after it’s out of warranty period. Might even help if your extended warranty wants to shift blame back and not pay. Either way retaining any and all documentation will be a good idea. Good luck and run it and see what happens. If your concerned about the type of fluid put in look at your paperwork and see what it says or call up and ask the dealer. Let us know what they used and we’ll tell you if it’s the proper fluid or something else. The noise could be the gears breaking in. I know these vehicles are rather rudimentary but not sure about the trans design. Haven’t heard anyone else have this problem. Could be your old oil broke down from heat and the new oil is better and thus quieter. I really can’t say for sure. Just grasping here Trying to find an explanation

Uncle Chuck

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I haven’t really read all of the warranty stuff, but I can’t imagine it NOT covering the transmission. I am certainly saving all documents. And pictures.