Roxor Owner
Hi, I own a 2018 roxor and I installed or remove in it :

Kms stage 2 computer
EGR delete
Intake bracket (dirt legal)
Catalyser removal
285 tires
Turbo valve boost (waiting for)

I own (and owned) many diesel and gaz 4x4 and I don't understand this engine. It seems like it's a 1.3 carb from a samurai.... Did I missed something? The roxor has less than 1200km on it and everything seems to run great. I use it as an outfitter on my territory with many mountains. My 660 carry has more power ! (Yeah not the same weight and at 3500rpm but it's a 660cc...).

It feels really not like a 2.5tdi should. I try to stay under 2000rpm since it's diesel, am I right? In winter I use it with tracks and it's like torture, I'm always on low.

Could you share you're thought?

Thx!

Canuck

Hi, I own a 2018 roxor and I installed or remove in it :

Kms stage 2 computer
EGR delete
Intake bracket (dirt legal)
Catalyser removal
285 tires
Turbo valve boost (waiting for)

I own (and owned) many diesel and gaz 4x4 and I don't understand this engine. It seems like it's a 1.3 carb from a samurai.... Did I missed something? The roxor has less than 1200km on it and everything seems to run great. I use it as an outfitter on my territory with many mountains. My 660 carry has more power ! (Yeah not the same weight and at 3500rpm but it's a 660cc...).

It feels really not like a 2.5tdi should. I try to stay under 2000rpm since it's diesel, am I right? In winter I use it with tracks and it's like torture, I'm always on low.

Could you share you're thought?

Thx!
I have upgraded my Roxor to the Stealth 41 turbo, intercooler, dual exhaust, and Stage 2 tune as well as EGR delete. It has tremendous power now. In my opinion, well worth the cost to upgrade the turbo, intercooler and exhaust. Doesnt surprise me with the 3:73 gearing you are struggling to be in high range using the tracks. The low range gears would be better suited. I am next thinking of changing out to 4:88 gears.

Sébastien Borgeaud

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have upgraded my Roxor to the Stealth 41 turbo, intercooler, dual exhaust, and Stage 2 tune as well as EGR delete. It has tremendous power now. In my opinion, well worth the cost to upgrade the turbo, intercooler and exhaust. Doesnt surprise me with the 3:73 gearing you are struggling to be in high range using the tracks. The low range gears would be better suited. I am next thinking of changing out to 4:88 gears.

Thx, maybe the gears change could do it. But I'm still in doubt about the original performance it should have. If only I could find another on to test it.

Canuck

Yes unfortunately it is quite the drive from Calgary to Quebec to show you the difference! However I think you really need the boost valve. There are others smarter than me on this forum but to run a Stage 2 and keep the turbo at the original 12 lbs boost would seem to me a big loss of power. On the bigger Stealth turbo, the waste gate is set at 20 lbs boost plus a much larger turbo vane. I can tell you mine now pulls very hard in every gear. I got all of my parts from Diesel Freak. Maybe speak with Wade there. He is very knowledgeable on building power with the Roxor.

Sébastien Borgeaud

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes unfortunately it is quite the drive from Calgary to Quebec to show you the difference! However I think you really need the boost valve. There are others smarter than me on this forum but to run a Stage 2 and keep the turbo at the original 12 lbs boost would seem to me a big loss of power. On the bigger Stealth turbo, the waste gate is set at 20 lbs boost plus a much larger turbo vane. I can tell you mine now pulls very hard in every gear. I got all of my parts from Diesel Freak. Maybe speak with Wade there. He is very knowledgeable on building power with the Roxor.
Thanks a lot for the info. If the boost valve doesn't do much I will surely contact Wade.

Canuck

Thanks a lot for the info. If the boost valve doesn't do much I will surely contact Wade.
Don't be surprised when you start getting the power you are looking for that you will need to upgrade the clutch. I am running 33 inch tires and as others have mentioned that the stock clutch is not strong enough for the extra power. If you are finding that the clutch is not slipping turning the tracks then I think you definitely are not getting the proper upgrade in power.

Paria Rox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Also remember the KMS stage 2 tune is pretty mild. I’m running the same and performance at the top end is pretty anemic. I would recommend kicking up to the stage 3. Most who run this tune seem pretty pleased with it. Stage 2 is only 76 hp and165 torque. I’m planning on going to stage 3 myself.

Canuck

Didn't notice it is a KMS Stage 2 tune. Yes that is a big part of why lower performance. I am running Diesel Freak Stage 2 which is about 120 HP and then with the bigger turbo and intercooler am supposed to be up around 140 HP-which is max of the current fuel pump. Sebastien, you should go to KMS Stage 3 with the boost valve as a starter.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Redline for the motor is 3500 RPM I believe. Mine feels best between 1800 and 2200 RPM with a stage 2 tune (diesel freaks tune) but that boost valve should help also.