ooooooooooo

Dual Batteries

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Interesting idea. Where are you going to put the second battery?
Wiring shouldn’t be very hard to do with marine switches.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Excellent idea and great question, where to put the additional battery?

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
the only space is in the front wheel well with a try. or behind the grill

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Did you guys have any luck setting up for duel batteries? With the plow I’m mounting, plus the extra lights and a 300cfm heater I am thinking a duel battery set up is going to be needed. Or maybe just a new battery ?

B

Bister

I'd go for one big battery is possible. If you do get two, its best to buy two of the same batteries from the same lot.
That's defiantly true if you are running a 'battery bank' like in a solar set up or a golf cart; but if you were to run an isolator, it really doesn't matter since the main battery will be charged first, then the secondary battery and they are isolated from each other. Then you have the decision of what gets hooked to what battery, which makes things more complicated. So, now you have to decide on what kind of dual battery set up you want to run. I ran dual batteries in my old Rhino using and isolator. I could kill my aux battery and still start he Rhino and had my basic stuff and once I killed my main and boosted myself from the aux.

I like the idea of one good battery as you mentioned. Less headaches unless you are running a crap load of stuff, then defiantly use an isolator set up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vanishingpoint

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That's defiantly true if you are running a 'battery bank' like in a solar set up or a golf cart; but if you were to run an isolator, it really doesn't matter since the main battery will be charged first, then the secondary battery and they are isolated from each other. Then you have the decision of what gets hooked to what battery, which makes things more complicated. So, now you have to decide on what kind of dual battery set up you want to run. I ran dual batteries in my old Rhino using and isolator. I could kill my aux battery and still start he Rhino and had my basic stuff and once I killed my main and boosted myself from the aux.

I like the idea of one good battery as you mentioned. Less headaches unless you are running a crap load of stuff, then defiantly use an isolator set up.

I agree.

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Recently started thinking about dual batteries and found this thread. Has anyone put more thought into it? I did some measuring and there is not much room where the stock batteries are. Thought about a couple Omni batteries stacked vertical but that would require reworking the fender support brackets.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I was looking at putting the second battery behind the drivers side rear wheel in a plastic spill box.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am by far not what you would call Mr. Goodwrench, and I haven’t yet done the measurements but was thinking about buying the same factory bracket that’s under the hood and mount inside the cab opposite the first battery. Maybe using the same bolt holes with longer bolts and should be easy to run the cables through the firewall. Could be I am missing something or would not work for legroom, but might start looking at the measurements this weekend, (unless the feedback proves it to be a bad idea). Any thoughts on this idea would be welcomed.

G.Tallant

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Searched and did not find a thread on installing dual batteries. Has anyone done this?
I just cleaned up my engine bay to make a place for the second battery. Front passenger side behind the headlight

D0B9013E-69FD-458C-ABD3-4CBABC4B6B64.jpeg 9FC684E2-BEE7-4589-830A-94822EF9A174.jpeg