ooooooooooo

CYJ Wroxler????

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I finished my roll cage mods to match up to my junkyard YJ windshield. I think it looks very nice but can't decide what it looks like now! Regardless, I got the look I was going for.
I cut the center hoop down 4 inches but left a 3/16 gap to get a full penetration weld against some 1-1/2" DOM tubing; so overall it is dropped 3-13/16". The rear "kickers" are cut off of the OEM cage and I tightened the bend to get them to land on the center hoop where I wanted them. I found a pair of YJ cage to windshield extensions and they fit good with a little modification to the angle at the windshield plate. Welded in some 3/8" pipe stubs for the thru bolts.
Now I just need to take the new YJ windshield frame I bought to get painted traffic red, transfer the wiper parts, and wire it all up.

IMG_5355 copy.jpg IMG_5356 copy.jpg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I finished my roll cage mods to match up to my junkyard YJ windshield. I think it looks very nice but can't decide what it looks like now! Regardless, I got the look I was going for.
I cut the center hoop down 4 inches but left a 3/16 gap to get a full penetration weld against some 1-1/2" DOM tubing; so overall it is dropped 3-13/16". The rear "kickers" are cut off of the OEM cage and I tightened the bend to get them to land on the center hoop where I wanted them. I found a pair of YJ cage to windshield extensions and they fit good with a little modification to the angle at the windshield plate. Welded in some 3/8" pipe stubs for the thru bolts.
Now I just need to take the new YJ windshield frame I bought to get painted traffic red, transfer the wiper parts, and wire it all up.

View attachment 7909 View attachment 7910

This looks so much better than how factory setup is for roll cage. Good job!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the compliments guys. I am definitely happy with it. Looks much better to me to use a YJ/CJ windshield and wipers.

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yep - looks awesome. Would love to replicate this look with my Roxor. Unfortunately, I need the 4-seat ROPS.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yep - looks awesome. Would love to replicate this look with my Roxor. Unfortunately, I need the 4-seat ROPS.
I can understand that! You could consider using the YJ windshield and going for a late YJ or TJ "family roll cage" look. THat would still be an improvement over stock, in my opinion.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Very clean look! I am also interested in seeing some closeups of the joints at the top of the windshield and the horizontal & vertical tubes behind the driver / passenger seats.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Very clean look! I am also interested in seeing some closeups of the joints at the top of the windshield and the horizontal & vertical tubes behind the driver / passenger seats.
I'll take some pictures tomorrow. I think I know what you are asking; how the horizontal bars (windshield to vertical hoop) mount on both ends, correct? I can tell you they mount the same as on a YJ though, the plate on the windshield end has two bolt holes that attache to the threaded holes in the windshield frame. The rear has a bolt that goes thru the vertical hoop and secures the insert part of the adjustable horizontal bar.
Im sure some pictures will make it easier but if you are familiar with the stock YJ roll cage to windshield bars, mine mount exactly the same. I just cut about 80% of the weld at the front so I could adjust the angle and rewelded it. On the back, I adjusted the saddle cut on the insert a bit to match the angle as well.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Your explanation of the windshiels side is clear. I can now imagine what you did on the windshield side.
I just cannot imagine what you did to connect into the horizontal coming from the windshield to the vertical post. Is the vertical post a YJ cage or is it still a modified stock Roxor cage?
Pictures still will be nice.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The pictures are on the forum somewhere. The roxor cage is untouched. In the video I explained the attachment to the cage at the top hasn't been done yet. I've tied it up with 550 cord for now until I get the roof done

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Pics tomorrow when I have some light. Its the stock Roxor hoop. I drilled a hole through it at the center of the bend radius and welded a 3/8 piece of pipe through it (like the seatbelt mounts) for the bolt to go thru and hold the rear of the YJ horizontal bar. It will make perfect senes when you see the pictures.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Your explanation of the windshiels side is clear. I can now imagine what you did on the windshield side.
I just cannot imagine what you did to connect into the horizontal coming from the windshield to the vertical post. Is the vertical post a YJ cage or is it still a modified stock Roxor cage?
Pictures still will be nice.
These pictures should help.

IMG_5357 copy.jpg IMG_5358 copy.jpg

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@Grump Fish: thanks for the closeups. great idea to combine a YJ frame with the parts of the stock Roxor cage. Closest to a YJ.

@Colderweather86: I remeber seeing your original post of the "filler". It allows you to use the hinges. Nice clean look that lets you keep the cage.

I attached a YJ windshield frame to the stock cage about a year ago. I didn't have a way to build the "filler" you did, Colderweather86. I drilled through the left and right gussets in the stock cage at the bottom above the dash. The windshield is bolted in front of the cage through the gusset. To mount the top of the widshield to the cage, I used black aluminum clamps that wrap around the top tube. I sunk the top bolts into the windshield frame and plugged the holes (hard to nitice from more than 10 feet).
Once I'm back to where my Roxor is, I can send some pictures.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That looks great. I went with a CJ windshield as well. View attachment 7930

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yours looks Great too! I went with the YJ over the CJ only because I could add the extension bars between the windshield and the cage.
Ive got a CJ/YJ bikini top ordered. Hopefully I can stretch the back enough to fit over the cage and look right. The CJ/YJ cage hoop is about 3 inches narrower than the Roxor. My friend has one that we measured. I think I can make it work with a good warm day to get it heated up and stretch the crap out of it.

Steve243

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Yours looks Great too! I went with the YJ over the CJ only because I could add the extension bars between the windshield and the cage.
Ive got a CJ/YJ bikini top ordered. Hopefully I can stretch the back enough to fit over the cage and look right. The CJ/YJ cage hoop is about 3 inches narrower than the Roxor. My friend has one that we measured. I think I can make it work with a good warm day to get it heated up and stretch the crap out of it.

I used the ROXOR rollbar, but cut it down to CJ specs. I want to use a CJ rollbar, but haven’t found one yet that’s cheap enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk