ooooooooooo

common rail data sheet?

Ben

Hi all,
I am in the market for an off-roader. Initially I was looking to buy a 90’s wrangler clean it up and fit the new 2.8 Cummins crate engine in it!
During my research I stumbled upon the roxor lol
It’s like exactly what I was looking to do.
However I have a few questions before I get all excited, and google gives mixed results and mostly from overseas markets and I am not exactly sure if it’s the same U.S imports.

I searched around this forum and everyone is just looking to tune the ECU, and as I understand the compression ratio is ~18 to 1 which is on par with most German diesels.
Before I pull the trigger perhaps one of you guys can answer few questions:
Common rail specs? Fuel pump, rail pressure, injector make and model ... etc ...
Make and model of the ECU?
Make and model of the turbocharger.

Given it’s a UTV and not a “car” legally speaking, did mahindra wired the ECU to an OBD port?
I have no access to a roxor and if I can get some data sheets and answers I might be able to help in remapping, upgrading with simple tools .. etc ...
One final question for mahindra dealers (if any in this forum): is a crate engine sold separately? or just the block and how much?
Thank you all

General

Founding Member
Welcome. The drivetrain of the Mahindra Roxor is identical to the Mahindra Thar, but with ECU changes which can easily be undone/restored/modified through several aftermarket companies in USA. Mahindra isn't selling many parts in USA yet because they're still trying to keep up with demand for complete vehicles, and it was released less than a year ago. You aren't going to be able to buy the block or crate engine right now, maybe in a year or two... folks are having difficulty getting more basic parts this early in the release. You might benefit from calling Diesel Freaks and asking them about the Roxor engine as well as their aftermarket options. There is an OBD. It's much cheaper, simpler, and more reliable than transplanting a YJ. A TJ's links and other differences might offer some offroadbenefit over a Roxor, but not a YJ.

Reactions: Ben

Ben

Welcome. The drivetrain of the Mahindra Roxor is identical to the Mahindra Thar, but with ECU changes which can easily be undone/restored/modified through several aftermarket companies in USA. Mahindra isn't selling many parts in USA yet because they're still trying to keep up with demand for complete vehicles, and it was released less than a year ago. You aren't going to be able to buy the block or crate engine right now, maybe in a year or two... folks are having difficulty getting more basic parts this early in the release. You might benefit from calling Diesel Freaks and asking them about the Roxor engine as well as their aftermarket options. There is an OBD. It's much cheaper, simpler, and more reliable than transplanting a YJ. A TJ's links and other differences might offer some offroadbenefit over a Roxor, but not a YJ.

Thank you for your pointer about the Mahindra Thar.
Mahindra uses Bosch common rail system. (Pump, injectors and ecu) Top of line stuff!
If it is indeed same as the Thor, it uses Bosch EDC17xx which is the most pain in the ass ECU to flash. Requires bench flashing and specialized tools.
However few months ago the good folks in Germany cracked the encryption of EDC16xx , EDC17xx used by Mercedes and AMG, and I was successful reading and writing to an R class bluetec diesel through OBD and without opening the ECU.
Good news so far!

Compshooter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just to clarify, Roxor provides a marine OBD port. You can buy a cable from Dirt Legal that converts it to an OBD II port so you can use a reader.

Reactions: Ben

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I know you can get an obd2 port off eBay for around 30 bucks. I also know my engine uses the Bosch injection system and a had vivid flash my cpu. It was an easy process and I’m very happy.