ooooooooooo

Came across the owners manual.

General

Founding Member
Talking points: (page numbers reference the PDF file, not booklet page #)
19: very good exhaust emissions.
23: seatbelt disconnected limits throttle inputs.
35: transfer case 2WD to 4WD High can be done at any speed. 4WD Low requires stopping.
43: a brief break-in period, similar to a motorcycle/ATV, but dissimilar to a on-road vehicle.
44: avoid stunts. It's a Jeep CJ7, folks, not a RZR/Wildcat.
56: maintenance is very simple. Not as little as a new Toyota, but far less than most ATVs.
78: evap canister on California models only (should be easy to plug/remove)
86: 2-year warranty (!!), but doesn't cover Acts of God

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
One big thing to notice is that the trans and tcase takes GL-4 gear oil while the axles take GL-5 gear oil. GL-5 does not supersede GL-4. GL-4 is more expensive and harder to find atleast here in Canada it is. Must be for the synchros. I bet alot of people will miss that and cause themselves alot of mishap.The tcase can be shifted at any speed because the roxor is fulltime 4wd hence the front drive slugs. If you were to put warn locking hubs on (which would be a good idea so the entire front driveline isn't always turning, saving wear and tear aswell as fuel) one would have to stop to shift it in. The emissions are a bit of a joke. Block off the external EGR and reroute the oil breather from the air cleaner at day one and you'll have an engine that won't have to breath in oil vapour and exhaust and no dirty turbo for that matter. You'll get no codes and it'll cost next to nothing to do. Although this is at your own risk obviously haha

B

Bister

I’m guessing your dealer will be carrying any fluids that the unit will need. Or Amazon will ship it to you. Lol.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Maybe. But its worth noting. ALOT of people think the GL5 supersedes the GL4. That and the price is considerably different. GL5 is about 5 bucks per liter while GL4 is usually around 30 bucks per liter depending on brand. You mentioned parts, I've noticed the filters are literally none existent in any american database. WIX has no listings for any of those filters besides maybe the fuel filter( haven't confirmed yet) so I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer charges a premium for them. Which is too bad considering in India asking for mahindra filters is probably like us asking for filters for a chevy biscayne. Maybe another reason to wait a bit to see how these items come out. cheers

B

Bister

A few extra bucks for filters, etc, not that it will need them often, and fluids from a dealer is no big deal for me. I’m not rich, but after all I have gave to Yamaha over the years, this will be no big deal breaker. I already dropped the down payment not knowing the end cost, so I’m pretty much committed, or should be committed. ?

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Any word yet on your delivery? The more I read through the owners manual the more spelling and grammar mistakes also some missing pictures/diagrams. Also with the fusebox diagrams you can see they plan on adding even more LED lighting options such as on the fenders. I just got back from southern Ontario. While I was down I was hoping to pop over to the US to look at one at a dealer but to no avail.

B

Bister

No word on delivery or final price yet. It was mentioned maybe JUNE, but I’m thinking it might be a bit longer. Hoping to have it by fall. Lol. I guess it will depend where I am on the list.