ooooooooooo

Budget Mattracks

Wyohandscold

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I need a tracked vehicle and did not want to spend the 20k on a set of the roxor mattracks. I picked up a set of used EZ UTV mattracks(the older steel version) for 3k and a conversion kit from mattracks for 2k. They’re rated for 3500 pounds and the roxor is 3000 pounds curb weight. With people and snow load I will be over the rating but am confident they will hold up fine. I just bolted them on a few days ago and besides one small area(east fix) they clear pretty good. I’m working on the anti rotation connection and will post a video about what it took to mount them. During this I’ve found that the camso set up would actually be much easier if someone wanted to go that route. I just thought I should post this for people to see in case they wanted to do this. As far as I know I’m the first person to attempt this.

E529869F-EFB5-41CF-8F1D-040304231E60.jpeg

Physicsdog

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I need a tracked vehicle and did not want to spend the 20k on a set of the roxor mattracks. I picked up a set of used EZ UTV mattracks(the older steel version) for 3k and a conversion kit from mattracks for 2k. They’re rated for 3500 pounds and the roxor is 3000 pounds curb weight. With people and snow load I will be over the rating but am confident they will hold up fine. I just bolted them on a few days ago and besides one small area(east fix) they clear pretty good. I’m working on the anti rotation connection and will post a video about what it took to mount them. During this I’ve found that the camso set up would actually be much easier if someone wanted to go that route. I just thought I should post this for people to see in case they wanted to do this. As far as I know I’m the first person to attempt this.

View attachment 11664
That picture is supe Cool! I have been hoping for a while that someone who is mechanically inclined would do something like this! CONGRATULATIONS… I TOO BELIEVE YOU ARE THE FIRST.. if you look at the price of a decent used snowmobile, you can quickly see the advantages of the Roxor methodology. Looking forward to ALL your posts.

Physicsdog,

Thanks

Wyohandscold

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That picture is supe Cool! I have been hoping for a while that someone who is mechanically inclined would do something like this! CONGRATULATIONS… I TOO BELIEVE YOU ARE THE FIRST.. if you look at the price of a decent used snowmobile, you can quickly see the advantages of the Roxor methodology. Looking forward to ALL your posts.

Physicsdog,

Thanks
Honestly if you can find a set of used EZ UTV mattracks(the yellow steel version) and buy the adapter kit with the installation manual all you would need to do is mount them up and bring it to a fab shop. Show them the installation Manual and they would be able to make the arms for the connection. I’m doing it myself with limited tools so it’s going to be a pretty simple and somewhat ugly design but it should function correctly. I’ll keep you updated

Wyohandscold

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Gave her a little test run this week. We only have 1ft-3.5 ft depending on where you’re at in the hills but it preformed really well. We were cutting wood at my brothers cabin for the winter and I had to pull the truck full of wood up the hill every time and it worked great. I will get some pictures posted of the anti rotation set up in the next few days. I still feel like I’ll need to make some adjustments but we will see when the deep snow comes. I’m setting it up for very deep snow and I expect it to be able to handle 3-4ft of fresh powder so I don’t want to limit the tracks much at all. Just making sure they stay out of the fenders.

Physicsdog

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
WYOhandscold - I am currently living vicariously through your posts. I am keeping an eye out for those same tracks and, more importantly, a person or shop near by who can make/do the mods and adaptors. I can scarcely hammer a nail so that will be the long pole in my tent on this project. Keep up the story on this project please.

dog

Wyohandscold

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
WYOhandscold - I am currently living vicariously through your posts. I am keeping an eye out for those same tracks and, more importantly, a person or shop near by who can make/do the mods and adaptors. I can scarcely hammer a nail so that will be the long pole in my tent on this project. Keep up the story on this project please.

dog
It’s really just a bolt on application. The only thing you need someone to figure out for you is the anti- rotation set up which isn’t all that complicated as long as you find someone that can weld. I finally have my shop completed so I’ll try to get a more detailed video done and post it

Physicsdog

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for continuing the project and keeping me informed. I will follow your suggestions and keep an eye out for the same type of budget tracks with the yellow accents. I have located a competent mechanic and welder who can help me with the configuration and installation etc. Again, thanks!

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Price it posted on their website

Yes; easy to install
They have instructions on YouTube