ooooooooooo

Black Hills, Devil’s Tower and Badlands Trip

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I put this video together of a trip that my son and I took last month. It was an absolute blast. The video is completely unedited, as I just dumped all it into iMovie and uploaded it.

We had a blast! We were based in Deadwood, SD for most of the trip but headed to Devil’s Tower (not in the Roxor) and drove through the Badlands on the way back to Minnesota. If you have not been, there are endless trails in the Black Hills National Forest. If you go, pick up a paper map at a gas station, and then download Avenza maps and the free maps there for the area. We definitely used and needed both.

Anyway, you will see us make some mistakes, and you might laugh at me, but I thought others might like to see it. I will say that each day we did more and more difficult trails. Every day was more amazing than the last. The camera does not capture how steep some of the terrain was, and the motion smoothing also makes everything seem slower than it was.

The entire video was just filmed with my iPhone. Anyway, enjoy!

WShaulis

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
you could have taken the roxor to Devil's Tower, it is actually a pretty ride on the back roads

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The main reason we did not take the Roxor, was it was extremely hot that day, so we decided to take the Tundra and enjoy comfortable seats and AC:)

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The scenery was awesome but the trails seemed too tame. Glad I watched more. You did find the crazy stuff!

Are the trails identified as to difficulty?

Cheech

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Anybody know how I can safely remove the Off Road only sticker ?

20200820_115833[2067].jpg

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You can soften it up a little with a heat gun, then slowly peel from one corner to the opposite corner. Alcohol will clean up any leftover residue. I would safe the sticker, it has a bar code on it. I took mine off in a few seconds.

Cheech

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks so much Roxasuras ! Appreciate the quick reply...Hmmm..Wonder what the bar code says ?

At home.jpg

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Your very welcome.
Not sure what is says on the bar code. I put it on a sheet of paper and put it in that vehicle's binder.

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Trails were a bit difficult to sort out, but if you get the printed map and the Avenza app, there is lots to explore. We stopped and asked people where the best trails were. Camp 5 is the most extreme which is what you saw at the end.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I put this video together of a trip that my son and I took last month. It was an absolute blast. The video is completely unedited, as I just dumped all it into iMovie and uploaded it.

We had a blast! We were based in Deadwood, SD for most of the trip but headed to Devil’s Tower (not in the Roxor) and drove through the Badlands on the way back to Minnesota. If you have not been, there are endless trails in the Black Hills National Forest. If you go, pick up a paper map at a gas station, and then download Avenza maps and the free maps there for the area. We definitely used and needed both.

Anyway, you will see us make some mistakes, and you might laugh at me, but I thought others might like to see it. I will say that each day we did more and more difficult trails. Every day was more amazing than the last. The camera does not capture how steep some of the terrain was, and the motion smoothing also makes everything seem slower than it was.

The entire video was just filmed with my iPhone. Anyway, enjoy!

From someone who will probably never make it out to the Black Hills, your video is the next best thing to being there -- Roxor doing what Roxor is made to do. Thanks so much for posting -- much appreciated.

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Glad you enjoyed the video. I hope that more people do something similar. Next time I will try to capture the trail names/numbers so that others can know which trails are easy/medium/hard.

@BoxRox When my cousin returns the map after his trip, I will upload a pic of it. It does tell you where trails are and where gravel roads are. It also shows single tracks as well, but it doesn’t really rate the trails. South Dakota would do well to copy the State of Minnesota DNR trail website with ratings for each trail. To be honest it was a bit confusing but each wrong turn led to awesome trails and views. New rode a ton more than we captured on video, and I think you could easily spend a week there without getting bored.