ooooooooooo

Best Turn Signal Option

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Looking for a turn signal kit. I would prefer something that is the least invasive to install. Would prefer to use stock rear lights. I also really prefer to use a normal turn signal lever instead of buttons. What do you all recommend?

General

Founding Member
OnTheRox uses the traditional signal lever mounted on the steering column, and their front turn signals are CJ5 standard.
XTC has a better signal computer module and better connectors, for a higher price.
Both use the stock rear lights.
I went with the OnTheRox grill with turn signal lights, but used the XTC kit. If you wanted, you could also purchase the steering-column-mounted switches from their manufacturer, but you'd have to do some straightforward rewiring yourself.

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I used XTC-- fast and easy install. The front turn lights are small and cheap looking though. I like the larger more CJ5 lights that On the Rox uses. I think I will change out front lights like General posted above.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I went xtc but upgraded to bigger front lights and three wire side lights. N
10398B09-EC34-41E1-BEE4-F49B2B80C329.jpeg
2771892C-A212-4A85-A108-554C10FF69F7.jpeg
A4C71353-5FD0-4998-BB66-ACDD1EC43BF8.jpeg

RoxorSE

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SE #052
Looking for a turn signal kit. I would prefer something that is the least invasive to install. Would prefer to use stock rear lights. I also really prefer to use a normal turn signal lever instead of buttons. What do you all recommend?

I installed a turn signal kit from On The Rox Fabrication. The kit includes a wiring harness, connectors, front signal lights and lenses, and a control stalk for the steering column. The wiring harness connects to the Roxor stock tail lights. It took me about six hours to make the install; I had to keep rereading the instructions to figure it out. I wasn't trying to rush the project either. The folks at On The Rox are easy to deal with, very helpful, and care about the quality of their product. I also prefer the front signal lights on this kit to others due to the larger size and quality look. I went ahead and wired up a lighted license plate bracket which is not included in the kit.

IMG_0060.JPG IMG_0061.JPG IMG_0062.JPG

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm really happy with my XTC kit. It even comes with wires for a rear license plate light which was a really nice touch.

General

Founding Member
I'm really happy with my XTC kit. It even comes with wires for a rear license plate light which was a really nice touch.
@Campyman Where is the extra wire for rear license plate light?

I just installed the XTC kit. Excellent quality! Good instructions, but not very thorough. Tips: run the XTC wires to the rear lights alongside the OEM wires to the rear lights. Zip tie the XTC wire to the OEM wire every time the OEM wire is attached to something else (frame, harness, etc.). Also, the wide 4-pin rear light connector is too large to fit through the hole in the firewall where the grommet is, so I had to shave down the plastic housing on the wire connector and tape it back up again. Not a big deal, but I wasn't planning on having to damage their product just to install it.

Reactions: PUG

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
@Campyman Where is the extra wire for rear license plate light?

I just installed the XTC kit. Excellent quality! Good instructions, but not very thorough. Tips: run the XTC wires to the rear lights alongside the OEM wires to the rear lights. Zip tie the XTC wire to the OEM wire every time the OEM wire is attached to something else (frame, harness, etc.). Also, the wide 4-pin rear light connector is too large to fit through the hole in the firewall where the grommet is, so I had to shave down the plastic housing on the wire connector and tape it back up again. Not a big deal, but I wasn't planning on having to damage their product just to install it.
It’s the end black and red wire, they were shrink wrapped together on my xtc kit.

General

Founding Member
It’s the end black and red wire, they were shrink wrapped together on my xtc kit.
I found it! It's near the XTC plug for the rear right light. I just cut the connection between the two side-by-side wires, then standard wire stripper to splice into my license plate light. It works!

lawtac

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Also interested in the lights you used to replace the front and add the side to XTC kit. I have the kit but have not installed it yet, so replacing would be nice before the install.

bobwhite

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I ordered these
Omix Amber Parking Light Assembly
Item# 938897
from morris 4x4 center website. About the cheapest price I found. Has the old Jeep style look. $21.99 each

bjputnam

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I installed a turn signal kit from On The Rox Fabrication. The kit includes a wiring harness, connectors, front signal lights and lenses, and a control stalk for the steering column. The wiring harness connects to the Roxor stock tail lights. It took me about six hours to make the install; I had to keep rereading the instructions to figure it out. I wasn't trying to rush the project either. The folks at On The Rox are easy to deal with, very helpful, and care about the quality of their product. I also prefer the front signal lights on this kit to others due to the larger size and quality look. I went ahead and wired up a lighted license plate bracket which is not included in the kit.

View attachment 1994View attachment 1995View attachment 1996
I need to wire up my lighted license plate too. Could you give details on how you wired it up? Thx

Tokarev

Anyone running the Ryco 5202 kit for the Roxor?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk