ooooooooooo

Best side steps?

Andydaniel1371

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
saw the dealer had steps to give for the 2019s somewhere. any links or name of posts here to find them

side steps that have less fan work to fit our roxors? photos welcome

B

Bister

$24.99 for a set from your Dealer, they bolt right on, holes already there. Some dealers had free sets to give away for some of the first buyers, those are probably gone now. Here is a link to the Roxor accessories page ones.

SIDE STEPS (2)|ROXOR Offroad

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Initially, had my doubts about these side steps. After all, how could anything offered for free be much good or, for that matter, even at $24.99? In use, they've thus far exceeded expectations -- simple design, easy install, quick clean up, quite sturdy and often handy even if young and nimble. Compared to the ridiculous prices of some aftermarket side steps, there's no comparison. In the spirit of beggars being choosers, wish they were non-slip stainless, but I did use stainless fasteners. Really a bargain upgrade and no complaints here.

Andydaniel1371

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Initially, had my doubts about these side steps. After all, how could anything offered for free be much good or, for that matter, even at $24.99? In use, they've thus far exceeded expectations -- simple design, easy install, quick clean up, quite sturdy and often handy even if young and nimble. Compared to the ridiculous prices of some aftermarket side steps, there's no comparison. In the spirit of beggars being choosers, wish they were non-slip stainless, but I did use stainless fasteners. Really a bargain upgrade and no complaints here.

After powder coating i’m sure they won’t rust so quick. climbing in with the lift is terrible. A grab handle and these steps will help from folding over the drivers side seat too

465stroker

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I took my factory steps off. I feel they have their place on the street but anything offroad I could see the tub getting bent (mounting point of steps) if you bottomed out on a rock or stump.

Last edited:
B

Bister

I took my factory steps off. I feel they have there place on the street but anything offroad I could see the tub getting bent (mounting point of steps) if you bottomed out on a rock or stump.

I got a set from my dearer and installed them. I also took them off once the snow was go and the mud showed up. I'm tall and never used them and found it a real pain to wash around as they just held more mud. I also was a little worried about hitting them on something, not that I'm in a rocky area at all, more worried about catching them on a tree or something in a tight trail. They are a good step, I just didn't use them.

Andydaniel1371

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I took my factory steps off. I feel they have there place on the street but anything offroad I could see the tub getting bent (mounting point of steps) if you bottomed out on a rock or stump.

haven’t even looked underneath
i really need a step thought of steps fitted to the rocker panel or to the body below the door.
ur reply is why i like all the input... will install those today cuz i really need a step. then order the permanent fix
thanks

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
For bouncing over and around trail obstacles like logs, stumps, rocks and negotiating highly uneven ground, agree, side steps will soon be just something else to bend/fix/remove. For smoother terrain, most farm use, any situation involving lots of getting in and out or a driver or passenger with limited mobility, they come in handy.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm only 5' 2'" so I use the factory steps every day. I do wish the ribs were closer together as I worry about my dog catching her paw and maybe breaking it. She broke her hip on a fall off of an atv $$$$ . (shes not allowed on that anymore ). I'll be making a cover for my steps most likely. I use my Roxor on the farm only.

pmgia

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I see they make the same step for the rear, does anyone know if you can have the rear step with the OEM hitch receiver?