ooooooooooo

Autometer Dashlink 2.0

Upnorthbacon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I hated not being able to see my temp gauge and debated just buying a mechanical gauge. I decided instead to try the Autometer Dashlink 2.0 that plugs into the OBD2 port. I picked up an adapter from Diesel Freak that turns the Roxor port into a standard OBD2 port and plugged in the Autometer dongle. I setup my gauges with a tach, voltage, coolant temp, and boost gauge. They all worked great. I was hoping I could use trans temp and AFR gauges but couldn't get those, or the oil pressure ones to work. I'm not sure if the Roxor's OBD2 port will read those settings? My only complaint is the OBD2 port has power running to it all the time. The dongle shows a green power light when the ignition is on and flashes green when it's off. I can't find anywhere that says if the Autometer has an auto shutoff after a certain amount of time, but I don't want anything draining my battery. I'm going find out which wire is the "hot" wire on the adapter and jump it to something that's hot when the key is on. I found a couple "LED" plugs under the dash that I'm guessing will only be hot when the key is on so I'll likely just use that for now. It's probably such a small drain on the battery it might not even matter and I could always unplug it if I'm not driving it for a while. I like the fact I can set the warning parameters on the gauges to whatever I want and it flashes or turns colors to warn you so you get an extra measure of protection over just the lights on the factory gauge. I'll try and post some pics of the install and gauges when I get a chance. The Dashlink has a ton of functions too, like GPS speed and tripmeters, 0-60 times, gas mileage, etc, but some of it you have to input a bunch of data for it to calibrate itself.

Upnorthbacon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
For what it’s worth I jumped the power wire from the OBD2 adapter to the factory LED harness under the dash so it only turns on the dashlink when the key is on. It does make it have to reconnect every time you turn the vehicle off but I’m fine with that. It won’t read AFR or oil pressure. It works great to keep an eye on the temp and watch the boost, maybe just a simple temp gauge would have been fine though. I do like that I can turn on the gps function and have a tripmeter etc for long rides to keep track of things.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just bought this setup after reading your post. Waiting for everything to arrive, should be here today.

Upnorthbacon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm really happy with mine. I suppose I could have just left it plugged in to see how much it actually draws, it might not be enough to run the battery down. I debated just unplugging the adapter if it's going to sit for a while too. I'll see how I like it wired to the key and if it seems to be a pain reconnecting all the time I might just rewire it back. I really like being able to set the gauges to flash red when it gets too hot, voltage is too low, or even a redline setting for the tach. I haven't played with the gas mileage functions, looks like you need to input a bunch of stuff and log fill ups to monitor how much it's using so I'm really not worried about that. I will be trying out the 0-60 function and the inclinometer looks pretty cool too, but I haven't played with that yet either. I also like the fact I didn't have to mount another gauge and don't have to worry about anything getting wet when washing it down. I did tuck the module way up above the dash underneath so any normal washing I can't imagine it getting wet. I debated just looping a plastic baggy around it but leaving it open to breath just for extra insurance. I may still do that, haven't decided yet.