ooooooooooo

Arc composite leaf springs

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I recently came across some youtube videos of thars fitted with composite leaf springs made by arc suspensions in India. The videos have me almost sold on buying a set, but I figured I would see if anyone here has experience with them before I make the commitment.
Here is their website selling them: Mahindra Roxor Rubberised Composite Leaf Springs : ARC Suspension
Here is a demonstration video they put out:

motormd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That looks pretty impressive, following this. How much in US dollars?
Maybe if enough interest we can get a volume buy and ship.

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
They quoted roughly $1650 including shipping. I asked Wade at diesel freak about them, and he pointed out that a lot of the rough ride is associated with the length of the springs, and these are the same length as stock. He said he is working on making the Max Anthony long travel kit as an all in one package through diesel freak. There are people here that have first hand experience with that setup, which makes me more confident than committing that kind money to an unknown product based on a marketing video posted on YouTube. It likely is a good product, but I'm not so sure I want to go that route without taking to someone who has used it.

motormd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Composite leaf springs are also available domestically. And cheaper. Might be worth more research, there are some interesting articles online.

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Composite leaf springs are also available domestically. And cheaper. Might be worth more research, there are some interesting articles online.
I found a couple companies that focus on sports car suspension, and one that you can place an order for specific dimensions and weight ratings, without any pricing guide. To be honest my knowledge about suspension doesn't go far beyond I want a smoother ride. I wouldn't know where to begin on custom ordering springs.

motormd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My list so far includes the following. #1 front leval /lift and bilstein shocks kit from diesel freak. #2 aftermarket suspension seat and gel pads from Jeggs. #3-33 tires on 15 inch rims, giving me 9 inches of sidewall cushion. #4 cutting some of the lower shackle from the rear leaves to soften the bucking from the rear. #6 adding extra weight in the box to compress heavy rear springs and lighten the weight on the front. Just like a 2500 series pickup rides nicer with weight in the box. Right now I like 150 pounds of extra weight plus a spare on the tailgate. Id say 200 pounds total. #7 experimenting with air pressure, currently I like 12.5 psi in the woods trails. #8 removed the links for the sway bar. Every one of these things noticeably improved the ride. At this point the limiting factor is total suspension travel. Mine is a 22 and I also test drove the 23 models. The 23 models have significantly stiffer springs and would be harder to soften up. I do like the initial research i have done about the composite springs.
They might be the ticket with a bit of lift between the axle and bump stop . (more travel)

The Arrangers

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Thar Owner
I have already sell this kit to Mr.Michel King from USA Texas he is active at facebook if you need feedback fom him " Mahindra Roxor enthusist" page and mine Mahinra Roxor spares solution, its works expectionaly fantastic .

20210706_133325.jpg