ooooooooooo

Access to the under dash fuse box...

DEKirk2

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey Everyone I am trying to get power for a vhf radio from the fuse box under the dash on the passenger side. I can’t figure out how to get into the box to ad a fuse and wires etc. would like to be regulated with the key so I don’t drain my battery.
Anyone know how to get into that little plastic fortress?

Thanks for enduring my rambling

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ve just bent it down a few times. Or just unbolt it until your don’t working on it.

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
i think he may be asking how to open the box to install a fuse in an empty slot, not just how to open the cover. I don’t know how to open it either so this past weekend, i took another members advice and used a tap fuse wire, which i did not know was a thing.

0F3D6058-7632-4B9F-A287-7ECCFDBE0A69.jpeg 3A39587C-00F8-4A5A-B31A-4952AD6C392F.jpeg

Bdwelder_99

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Wow. I never seen a tap fuse device before. That's interesting looking. I like it. Good info to have. Thanks

44Bogger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
For my accessories I didn't use that fuse block.

I too wanted a wire that only came on with the ignition. I found it on the extra plug in the dash to left of steering wheel. Not the light bar plug, the other one. An ohm meter will tell you which wire it is. I ran a dedicated 14ga fused wire from the battery to a new relay that I bolted to fire wall behind speedo guage. Used to wire I cut from plug to engage relay.

B

Bister

For my accessories I didn't use that fuse block.

I too wanted a wire that only came on with the ignition. I found it on the extra plug in the dash to left of steering wheel. Not the light bar plug, the other one. An ohm meter will tell you which wire it is. I ran a dedicated 14ga fused wire from the battery to a new relay that I bolted to fire wall behind speedo guage. Used to wire I cut from plug to engage relay.

That other plug Roxor used for the heater for now (plug and play), it could be used for other stuff I'm thinking to.
I'm going to do the same thing when I want extra power, I was thinking of using the power point to turn on the relay to a new/extra fuse block. I set up an extra fuse block like that on my old Rhino, worked good. Everything shut off with the key.

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
On the Roxx offers an accessory fuse box that you wire in easily--you add up to six accessories. I recently wired one in with minor changes for my needs. It works great and simple to install.

DEKirk2

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
i think he may be asking how to open the box to install a fuse in an empty slot, not just how to open the cover. I don’t know how to open it either so this past weekend, i took another members advice and used a tap fuse wire, which i did not know was a thing.

View attachment 1968View attachment 1969
Where can I find the tap wire fuse
Auto parts store?

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Where can I find the tap wire fuse
Auto parts store?
any auto store, amazon. But as stated before the power is continous if you wanted to turn it off, as I did, then the next stop for the wire would be a toggle/rocker switch, then off to its final stop. I just needed a small amount of power for an LED light for license plate light. I went the tap fuse route because I gave up on finding a Remote\ACC line. I can only imagine the location of the unfindable Remote/ACC line is to follow in a reply by a much more astute Roxor member.

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
any auto store, amazon. But as stated before the power is continous if you wanted to turn it off, as I did, then the next stop for the wire would be a toggle/rocker switch, then off to its final stop. I just needed a small amount of power for an LED light for license plate light. I went the tap fuse route because I gave up on finding a Remote\ACC line. I can only imagine the location of the unfindable Remote/ACC line is to follow in a reply by a much more astute Roxor member.
you can tap into "keyed" power (goes off/on with key switch) by using the power from the 12v power outlet on the passenger side (looks like a cigarette lighter on the dash. Also the wiring that is unused attached to a blank plug on the drivers side.

Barnboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Anybody kmow where the fuse box is on 22 all weather?
All weather units came with the Roxor power accessory fuse panel on the left side of the foot well. You can use the supplied Harley 150 molex plugs to tapp switched and unswitched power. Not much information on it but if you can pin molex plugs your good to go.