ooooooooooo

2022 Fan Shroud

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
All of them come that way without them. They are available but currently out of stock. I want one as well but not a must.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The most I’ve ever seen is a brief 202 and that was immediately after leaving with a cold engine and hitting 60-70 mph. I figured it was a delay between the temp spike and the thermostat opening up. It’s done it a few times in the same manner, but it immediately falls back to the 188 range as soon as the t stat opens. In the summer in 90-100 degree temps I run 188 down the road and occasionally at a stop sign it’ll go up to 198 but as soon as you start moving again it falls back to 188. At no time has the temp light ever come on in the gauge cluster. You’ll notice the hood has a rubber seal all around it. I figure that’s to make the entire engine bay like a fan shroud. I also think the fan shrouds they sell were to be added along with the ac kits to enhance the performance in high temps and not so much for cooling the engine. I wouldn’t sweat no shroud unless you have an ac and factory doesn’t put shrouds on those units and even then only if ac performance is lacking at low speeds.

Daddyflea

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The most I’ve ever seen is a brief 202 and that was immediately after leaving with a cold engine and hitting 60-70 mph. I figured it was a delay between the temp spike and the thermostat opening up. It’s done it a few times in the same manner, but it immediately falls back to the 188 range as soon as the t stat opens. In the summer in 90-100 degree temps I run 188 down the road and occasionally at a stop sign it’ll go up to 198 but as soon as you start moving again it falls back to 188. At no time has the temp light ever come on in the gauge cluster. You’ll notice the hood has a rubber seal all around it. I figure that’s to make the entire engine bay like a fan shroud. I also think the fan shrouds they sell were to be added along with the ac kits to enhance the performance in high temps and not so much for cooling the engine. I wouldn’t sweat no shroud unless you have an ac and factory doesn’t put shrouds on those units and even then only if ac performance is lacking at low speeds.
Thank you

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
A shroud has more to do than just increasing cooling. Air will always take the path of least resistance, and a shroud helps direct that air flow through the radiator. This of course keeps things cool, but also helps increasing the air speed through the radiator. This is important when it comes to removing dust and dirt, especially around the edges and corners where air flow is weak. As dust builds up, it acts as insulation and reduces the effectiveness of the cooling fins. Once dust starts building up, it's like a magnet and catches more and more dust. This is also why you flush a cooling system, to remove the crap inside that is causing the heat transfer to be reduced. You should also hose down your radiator once a year or so to help keep it clean.

I'm sure we've all seen those gold shows on TV, and they worry about too much water flowing through their sluice boxes, because fast moving water, like fast moving air, will suck out all the gold or dust on cooling fins.

The other thing a shroud does, is it puts equal pressure on the fan blades as they draw air. Remember, air takes the path of least resistance, so if the blade sucks air near ground level where it's open, but as it rotates to the top, it has less air to draw, the fan blades start to flex back and forth, and they can crack over time. I've even seen them break, and then you usually need a radiator along with a new fan.

It's also hard on your water pump bearing and I've seen the lack of a shroud cause them to start leaking prematurely. You don't want high and low pressures for a blade to pass through.

This is like a water pump or outboard motor prop that starts to cavitate. Nothing good comes from this, and while air is like 800 times less dense than water, eliminating it, if you can, goes a long way towards preventative maintenance and premature failures.

Also, this time of year you see people blocking their radiator with cardboard, which is fine, but cut a ROUND hole a few inches across, where the center of your fan blade is, so the air being drawn in, is in the center of the blade and the fan doesn't experience flexing.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Down in Moab in the summer/fall crawling it never got over 193 or 4.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
i installed one on my roxor. i had heating issues on the hot az summer days pulling a trailer. and running down the highway. or extended donuts. it helped a lot. when they start to get hot. the computer de rates the motor. so, you know when to take it easy for a while.

tecknomage

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
ANYONE have the part #? or KNOW where I can find one? seems any dealer i talk with hasn't clue. Granted, there aren't that MANY dealers left anyway . want to do the EGR delete as well

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
ANYONE have the part #? or KNOW where I can find one? seems any dealer i talk with hasn't clue. Granted, there aren't that MANY dealers left anyway . want to do the EGR delete as well
E66A78DB-C8DA-4AEA-A8BA-2E19618E34DE.jpeg

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It helped. On hot humid days here. It still heat's up. But not bad.