ooooooooooo

16 boring minutes of driving in my trails...

B

Bister

How do you manage the mosquitoes?
There aren't a lot right now. Only had a few real bad weeks this summer. I fog/mist the shack area with permethrin about every 3-4 weeks when they are bad and I am mosquito free. As for outside the shack area, I coat myself in deet if needed.

This is what I use to fog the shack area.

2ac309bde71c4355912f6964d16a7794.jpg

B

Bister

Love your happy place Bister....Very cool....
Thanks, It all started with the bottom rim of the fire pit in 2007, and then grew from there. My brother and I built the day cabin in 2009. We lost him 4 years ago in a truck accident. This was on his land, the land I grew up on and still get to use, about 1000 acres in total I have access to. It's now owned by the neighbour/friend. We were grandfathered in. This is were I do all my riding, wood cutting and trail grooming for winter walking.

That's an aerial view from a few years a go and few pictures of the inside of the day cabin, complete with a cook wood stove and a pellet stove. Everything is run on solar unless you are going to pull big power, than you need to fire up a generator, which is rare, unless its going to be long winter day and maybe a movie night, etc. lol

Pictures are kind of dark. Sorry.

IMG_3032.JPGIMG_3629.JPGIMG_3631.jpgIMG_3632.JPGIMG_7214.JPG