ooooooooooo

Question about Roxor and mud before buying

B

Bister

In hind sight, I’d Lincoln Locker the rear because it’s free. And then put the OX up front with hubs. I’ve learned that lockers up front are not to be ignored. Push in the back, lift in the front.

In fact, with Warn Hubs up front, why couldn’t you weld the front too??
You could, it acts like it is, that's why I would go with the selectable OX over the Spartan up front next time or maybe next spring. lol I like the Spartan in the back, cause when I leave town I am all pavement, but after that Lincoln Locker would be fine. lol

The Lincoln in the back and the selectable OX in the front would make it like regular ATV/UTX/SXS.

Do you have the Spartans front and back also?

Last edited by a moderator:

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

No, Running OX in the rear and open up front with hubs. All the kids around here like to play real hard on extreme trails. I’m new to that kind of 4 wheeling. As it goes, a guy can throw money where he “thinks” it’s needed. That’s my case. But in hind sight, I could have been further ahead performance wise, and for free, just doing a weld job.

B

Bister

No, Running OX in the rear and open up front with hubs. All the kids around here like to play real hard on extreme trails. I’m new to that kind of 4 wheeling. As it goes, a guy can throw money where he “thinks” it’s needed. That’s my case. But in hind sight, I could have been further ahead performance wise, and for free, just doing a weld job.
Move the OX to the front and install the Lincoln in the back. lol

I'll see how winter goes pushing snow. I never had the front locker last year. I hate how it handle in 4x4 with the Spartan up front and that's why I would like the selectable OX in the front. I like pushing in low range. I don't always need 4x4, but when I do I don't need full lock in the front. You really don't need any lockers at all for pushing snow, it's a beast just with open diffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

SludgeFactory

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thank you all for the great responses. I've hit a bump in the road though, my wife doesn't think the Roxor will be a good fit. She uses the Mule probably more than I do so her input is important. She said she would miss the dump bed and the ability to carry up to 6 passengers because family is out there a lot and she takes them around to different parts. So I'm on the fence. I guess I could keep the Mule and get me a Roxor lol. I guess we'll see where I'll end up on this subject.

B

Bister

I kept my Rhino, cause it's old and not worth anything, I used it once this summer; but handy for a couple things I still do that the Roxor will do, but the Rhino is better at, but only a few. Good Luck.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You could, it acts like it is, that's why I would go with the selectable OX over the Spartan up front next time or maybe next spring. lol I like the Spartan in the back, cause when I leave town I am all pavement, but after that Lincoln Locker would be fine. lol

The Lincoln in the back and the selectable OX in the front would make it like regular ATV/UTX/SXS.

Which is horrible , by mistake I bought Textron Side by side “ Havoc” , with the solid rear it was very hard to handle on even semi hard surface. The heat and noise was another matter..........the dealer took it back after a week.( traded for the Roxor ) .

B

Bister

Which is horrible , by mistake I bought Textron Side by side “ Havoc” , with the solid rear it was very hard to handle on even semi hard surface. The heat and noise was another matter..........the dealer took it back after a week.( traded for the Roxor ) .
Yep, all SxS's and ATV's have a solid rear end, unless they have a turf mode.

My rear locker only releases on pavement otherwise the wheels slip on the ground. It takes a lot of friction for the locker to release and the front is worse. Thats' why when I get annoyed enough, the front Spartan will probably be changed out to an OX.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thank you all for the great responses. I've hit a bump in the road though, my wife doesn't think the Roxor will be a good fit. She uses the Mule probably more than I do so her input is important. She said she would miss the dump bed and the ability to carry up to 6 passengers because family is out there a lot and she takes them around to different parts. So I'm on the fence. I guess I could keep the Mule and get me a Roxor lol. I guess we'll see where I'll end up on this subject.
You can carry up to 6 passengers with the Roxor if you opt for the rear side seats.

EC4AF498-5069-4F67-B515-2CF4788AF4BE.png

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If you can keep the Mule and also get a Roxor, then she would be ok with the purchase? If so then keep her Mule and she will notice many of the crowd wanting to ride on the Roxor. before long she may be the same way.

SludgeFactory

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
If you can keep the Mule and also get a Roxor, then she would be ok with the purchase? If so then keep her Mule and she will notice many of the crowd wanting to ride on the Roxor. before long she may be the same way.
I understand her concerns because she does use the dump bed in it a lot and she hauls people a lot more frequently than I do. I'm kinda caught in that thinking, do I sell the Mule now while everything is working fine and get some money to put towards something else or do I keep it and hope it runs for another 5-10 years and then have nothing from it to put towards a new one. I always get confused during those inner self arguments lol

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The problem with a Mule is the small tires and poor ground clearance. I had a Mule , loved it , for 20 years. It was tough but did not do well plowing snow.......again they do not do well off rd. I bought an off rd trailer this summer for the Rox. It is tandum dump,lots more room for hauling and landscaping work.

SludgeFactory

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The problem with a Mule is the small tires and poor ground clearance. I had a Mule , loved it , for 20 years. It was tough but did not do well plowing snow.......again they do not do well off rd. I bought an off rd trailer this summer for the Rox. It is tandum dump,lots more room for hauling and landscaping work.
This is the new pro fxt. They are a lot nice mule.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I understand her concerns because she does use the dump bed in it a lot and she hauls people a lot more frequently than I do. I'm kinda caught in that thinking, do I sell the Mule now while everything is working fine and get some money to put towards something else or do I keep it and hope it runs for another 5-10 years and then have nothing from it to put towards a new one. I always get confused during those inner self arguments lol

Well, The Roxor is a little harder to get in and out of if you are short. I was sure glad I put a real bumper on the back of the Roxor I got because it now has the "step " on it ,so getting into the back is easier. I can sure see her liking the dump feature of her Mule - like I did on my RTV and it was hydraulic. She may also dislike the standard transmission- picking up limbs is no fun having to clutch,shift go 5 ft, do it again... Thats my main grumble on it- all of the gates here on the farm. However, the Roxor has a sheet metal body covering- no plastic - And it's engine is great. I have over 800 farm miles on mine and just still love it. (I'm a lady too )

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This is the new pro fxt. They are a lot nice mule.

I know Kawasaki has changed the Mule over the years , I looked at em before I bought the Rox. They are much better if you get the HD diesel model.,....but , well the dealer closed last month forever, I mean all the young people want to do is drive like a snow machine, it’s a mindset.

SludgeFactory

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Well, The Roxor is a little harder to get in and out of if you are short. I was sure glad I put a real bumper on the back of the Roxor I got because it now has the "step " on it ,so getting into the back is easier. I can sure see her liking the dump feature of her Mule - like I did on my RTV and it was hydraulic. She may also dislike the standard transmission- picking up limbs is no fun having to clutch,shift go 5 ft, do it again... Thats my main grumble on it- all of the gates here on the farm. However, the Roxor has a sheet metal body covering- no plastic - And it's engine is great. I have over 800 farm miles on mine and just still love it. (I'm a lady too )

Silly question, I'm assuming these have a parking brake right? If so, does it need adjusting very often? That's one thing that gets annoying on the mule is that I have to adjust the parking brake all the time it seems.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The brake lever is right under the shifter . I've never adjusted mine yet but I need to . Otherwise I must pull up tightly on an incline or it will move.
( Will mention that I also have the Roxor side steps . It makes getting in the cab much easier . They are around $25. )

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The brake lever is right under the shifter . I've never adjusted mine yet but I need to . Otherwise I must pull up tightly on an incline or it will move.
( Will mention that I also have the Roxor side steps . It makes getting in the cab much easier . They are around $25. )

The steps are free , my dealer noticed I did not have them.....them put steps on , no charge. ( They are standard issue for all Roxors )

B

Bister

Silly question, I'm assuming these have a parking brake right? If so, does it need adjusting very often? That's one thing that gets annoying on the mule is that I have to adjust the parking brake all the time it seems.
7500 kilometers and never adjusted mine and it's still good. These things have automotive grade/size parts like regular cables etc, not little light ones like on the plastic SxS's.