ooooooooooo

Resurrecting Mahindra Thar in NZ help needed

pepperpig420

Roxor Ownership
Thar Owner
IMG_2444 2.jpg

Hey guys I wan't to bring you on a journey with my story on how I acquired this Mahindra and hopefully a couple keen viewers can point me in the right direction for some parts.

Ia live in a little country called New Zealand total population of about 7 million or so, located just under Australia often confused but not the same.. For all the Americans out there you'll be fimiar with a website called Copart. Now in NZ we have a similar website called Turners, lots of damaged, insurance, donated cars auctioned through there, I end up finding this Mahindra thar 2016 on there one week coming up in the West Coast of New Zealand about a 3 hour drive to the other side of the island (Im in Christchurch). I won the vehicle for $250 nzd plus 100 buyers fees total of $200 USD or there about.

Its listed as a non runner and nobody wanted the thing thats why I must've got it so cheap. My thoughts going into it were I know nothing about these things, but now I want to know everything about them. I plan to make this into a cool offroader here and use it on adventures. So now about the engine, the reason why its sat for the last I assume over a year is because the previous owner who is a farmer on the West coast imported this thing used it for quite a while for farm work and one day smacked it against a rock and smashed the sump in, he must've kept driving and this caused oil starvation to the pump due to the dent in the pan, it started knocking after the number one conrod bearing destroyed itself. it sat collecting dust and nobody on that side of the map could find parts for this thing so they ended up giving up after a year now I have it.

I don't plan on spending much to get this going other than emry cloth old crankshaft new conrod bearings (once i find right ones) make sure oil pumps doing its thing and also replace the missing conrod cap and 2 castle nuts holding the conrod cap to the nmber 1 rod. My main question to the fourm is who can point me in the right direction of figuring out some more infomation and where to get parts for this thing.
Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 18.37.42.png

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Pepperpig, welcome. Dig thru this site, you will find a lot of good technical information and knowledgeable folks who can help you. We have good aftermarket support with 3rd party manufacturers for accessories and upgrades in the U.S. but, OEM parts support from Mahindra is still very poor. We often have to source parts from entrepreneurs in India who have access to OEM parts and sell them on Ebay. Two really good U.S. vendors for engine and drivetrain support for Roxor (US version of Thar) are Diesel Freak and 4x4 Truck Parts | Shop 4x4 Parts & Tools for Offroad & Pickup Trucks - Torque King 4x4. There are many more good vendors, which provide great support, all of which can be seen on this forum and are easy to find online searching "Roxor". One of the Indian entrepreneurs who has been very helpful in getting parts from India for us is Security Measure. All the folks mentioned here have an active presence on this forum and have all provided tremendous support for Roxor owners in the U.S. When searching the web for parts and information, if you don't get the hits with "Thar", you may need to use "Roxor" in your search string, as Roxor is what has been imported into North America.