ooooooooooo

YJ Windshield, what wiper motor

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I realize that ill need a YJ wiper motor, but do I buy two wiper motors? Or do I buy one motor and find the linkage that runs both off one? Do I need a gasket on the exterior of the windshield, inside, what other parts are needed? what arms do I use? I in the dark....

If you have any suggestions on what part numbers to use, please share.

Thanks

Steve243

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I realize that ill need a YJ wiper motor, but do I buy two wiper motors? Or do I buy one motor and find the linkage that runs both off one? Do I need a gasket on the exterior of the windshield, inside, what other parts are needed? what arms do I use? I in the dark....

Thanks

I used a motor and linkage from an 82 CJ. Works great. Also used the wipers and switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Steve243

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy

4X44JOR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Thanks
One motor/one linkage/one set of wipers/one switch/one knob. Works like a champ!! Let me know if you need pictures.

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
One motor/one linkage/one set of wipers/one switch/one knob. Works like a champ!! Let me know if you need pictures.
Thank you for the clarification. what motor did you go with, I haven't found a motor that is paired with any specific linkage. the link I posted above was called the basic wiper upgrade kit, essentially putting the wipers below the glass instead of being positioned in the field of view. If I dont buy that kit will the wipers be on the glass when not in use?

4X44JOR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you for the clarification. what motor did you go with, I haven't found a motor that is paired with any specific linkage. the link I posted above was called the basic wiper upgrade kit, essentially putting the wipers below the glass instead of being positioned in the field of view. If I dont buy that kit will the wipers be on the glass when not in use?
I am not aware of a wiper motor linkage kit that will take the wipers out of the field of view. If you use a CJ or a YJ windshield. My understanding is with the gasket and shroud they will be in the field of view. But then again that’s the direction I was going I want the CJ look