ooooooooooo

x-bull 13000 lb winch install

gmaas

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
ok it is an official 3 beer install, first thanks to campyman and Renegade 6 for their posts in Harbor Freight winch install. I did wimp out and get the mounting plate specifically for the Roxor from KFI for $107.00 No cutting drilling and fit was perfect. It took about 3-4 hours even with a trip to the hardware store for some battery terminal nuts. Winch works great and was 320.00 on ebay.

Indy4570

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
ok it is an official 3 beer install, first thanks to campyman and Renegade 6 for their posts in Harbor Freight winch install. I did wimp out and get the mounting plate specifically for the Roxor from KFI for $107.00 No cutting drilling and fit was perfect. It took about 3-4 hours even with a trip to the hardware store for some battery terminal nuts. Winch works great and was 320.00 on ebay.

you know what they say... "pictures or it didn't happen! " ;)

gmaas

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Right! here are a few pics. Had to trim the bumper about an inch. 20190921_102125.jpg20190921_102155.jpg20190921_102312.jpg

gmaas

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
After installing the winch I left for a week on vacation. When I got back the fairlead, mounting plate and rope were damaged. Apparently the winch operates at random intervals on its own. I sure did not see that coming.

Indy4570

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
After installing the winch I left for a week on vacation. When I got back the fairlead, mounting plate and rope were damaged. Apparently the winch operates at random intervals on its own. I sure did not see that coming.

wow, got any more details? a wiring glitch?

gmaas

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wrote to the ebay seller......no response yet. It does have a wireless remote, my guess is it was picking up some stray radio frequencies and triggering. Does anyone else have any ideas.

gmaas

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I forgot if there are no pictures it didn't happen. 20191002_170711.jpg20191002_170722.jpg

Indy4570

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
my winch has a plug in for the wireless control, I plug the wired control in the same location. maybe simply removing that, ( if you have it) will stop this issue. I think you are correct in some stray signal activating the winch. I would start with garage door openers, yours and your neighbors. do some tests

gmaas

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That is a good idea, but this winch doesn't have a receiver to plug in, the receiver is in the sealed control unit. And we have a manual garage door so do the neighbors. I did install a resettable breaker in line to replace the fuse block so I just leave the breaker open until I need to use it.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I've seen this too. It's because the sending unit picks up on other radio frequencies. You can disengage the clutch if you want. I also install a winch kill switch by interrupting the small ground wire at the bottom.

gmaas

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for the info. I was afraid the line would spool out at a bad time with the clutch open. I just installed a resettable circuit breaker and leave it open until I want to use the winch. I feel better with the resettable option rather than the fuse block anyway. I just wish I had noticed it before I went on vacation for a week.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the info. I was afraid the line would spool out at a bad time with the clutch open. I just installed a resettable circuit breaker and leave it open until I want to use the winch. I feel better with the resettable option rather than the fuse block anyway. I just wish I had noticed it before I went on vacation for a week.

Sorry dude. But this happens on many winches with remotes

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wrote to the ebay seller......no response yet. It does have a wireless remote, my guess is it was picking up some stray radio frequencies and triggering. Does anyone else have any ideas.
Leave it out of gear when not in use

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looking at the way the line spools in the picture it looks as though you have it spooling over the top.
Winches need the line coming in at the bottom. Coming in over the top tries to pull on the rear mounts vertically. I better pulling on the mounting on all four in a shear.