ooooooooooo

WTB Windsheild

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
He is missing the hardware and doesn't know if this one is affected by the recall. Prob best to go to my dealer.

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was looking for the whole windshield the way it comes from Mahindra.

ShawnKurtz

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I installed an aftermarket jeep windshield frame from Crown. The whole kit with rubber and all for windshield were around $208 but I wouldn't recommend that. The guy that installed the glass this morning says that they are junk and used an OEM windshield seal. Out the door was $239. I had to order the mounting brackets and hinges so, at this point, I'm all in around $500 give or take. It required taking off the roll bars but that's okay, we are starting to fab a new roll cage.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I went with OTR. Had it paint matched and auto glassed locally.

In the end, whomever makes available a decent top/doors solution, hard or soft, will decide the best path for the windshield. My bet was that a decent top will come out compatible with the Roxor roll cage and windshield far before it comes out for a Roxor with a Jeep swapped windshield. I think both may exist eventually, but my gut says the roll cage wins the deciding factor.

ShawnKurtz

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Oh, I agree. But since mine is a hunting/offroad configuration no one will have what I need so it will all have to be custom. Luckily, I am an offshore enthusiast and with that comes the need for canvas and upholstery work, I have great relationships that can customize what I am going to need. The Jeep windshield is great, but it is much shorter than the standard roll cage frame I have gotten used to. But in the end, I knew what I was getting into.

Roxor.jpg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If you can convince a shop to make a top for the Roxor with a Jeep windshield and "jeepish" rollbar, they would in fact dictate the best path and likely sell quite a few units. I don't see why the rear prop bar couldn't be used off a Bestop. The Roxor already has military style latching along the side. No drilling would be required.

Just that vinyl tape belt type setups, and then some channeling up front like the CJ since that is the windshield setup already.

cumminfourya

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looks like the same guy in the eBay ad posted above has another available that comes with the hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Compshooter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The eBay guy told me he got the windshields in Nov so maybe no recall issues. My thoughts are, HD sells a 36" x 72" Lexan sheet for $139, hardware (piano hinge, roll bar attachments, etc) will cost me another $50, maybe. So I can put together a folding windshield for about $200 or so.

I'm going for it. I'll start a new thread and post pics. But I think I can do it. I'm going for it!

4x4_4go

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Oh, I agree. But since mine is a hunting/offroad configuration no one will have what I need so it will all have to be custom. Luckily, I am an offshore enthusiast and with that comes the need for canvas and upholstery work, I have great relationships that can customize what I am going to need. The Jeep windshield is great, but it is much shorter than the standard roll cage frame I have gotten used to. But in the end, I knew what I was getting into.

View attachment 2264
Is that a CJ5 frame? And what did you have to do to get to fit?
Thanks