ooooooooooo

Windshield wiper installation

Lilsandyrox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I installed this on a Fortress windshield, so far I’ve only installed one on the drivers side.

1 Wexco wiper motor
1 14-18” wiper arm
1 15” wiper blade
1 LED rocker switch 48436F90-E19E-4B17-95FC-1AC71BB9CD3C.jpegA5E1527B-51CB-4FCA-8BE0-91AA5242C596.jpeg6503AA43-FC63-4CD1-BC71-F12DEDF5157E.jpeg

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I would also like more information. Also maybe a picture or two of installation. I installed a manual one on my fortress but this looks better.

Lilsandyrox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ll try to add a couple more pics.
This is installed on a standard Fortress windshield not the “tip out”style.
I actually plan to use the manual wiper on the passenger side.

Redbaron7

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Attempting to install this setup on my Roxor, and I'm wondering if I purchased the right motor. Did the motor you put on have a 2.5" shaft like the Amazon screen grab shows? Also, did you have to make any modifications to the Fortress windshield?

Michigan Mike

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just got mine installed. At first the wiper would go past the rubber on the left of the windshield. That seems to have sorted its self out. However even with the wiper arm adjusted to its shortest length the wiper is still above the rubber on top of the windshield by an inch and a half. I know I can get a smaller wiper blade but feel like I am already short on coverage. Only have drivers side wiper. Fortress windshield and fortress supplied wiper. I have been in contact with Fortress and they are trying to resolve the issues but are slow getting back to me.

Michigan Mike

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Had a nice talk with a tech from Fortress today. He walked me through removing the motor cover and changing where the pin is located on the cam. The pin location sets the sweep angle. You have a choice of 45 65 85 or 110 degree sweep. Mine was set to 110. That was too much. The wiper would go past the left side of the window and at 110 would stick above the windshield by one inch plus. We reset it to 85 much better doesn't over run the windshield and by not going to 110 stays just at the top rubber on the windshield. Many thanks to Fortress it took a little while but when I did get to talk to a tech we got it sorted. Thanks again to Fortress

dganderson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I installed this on a Fortress windshield, so far I’ve only installed one on the drivers side.

1 Wexco wiper motor
1 14-18” wiper arm
1 15” wiper blade
1 LED rocker switch View attachment 2508View attachment 2509View attachment 2510
Thanks for this. I purchased and installed this on my 2019 Roxor with a Fortress window. The switch that I ordered was an on/off switch so I connected the low speed pin on the wiper motor. I also had to run a ground wire to the motor shaft since the motor had to be grounded to the vehicle to work, and the Fortress windshield did not provide me a ground. I also had to install a couple of washers on the interior of the windshield to make up the interior fitment gap so that when I tightened the motor to the windshield it was "flush" The Fortress windshield has the mounting bolt already installed for the motor installation. The Wexco wiper motor comes set at 110 degree and all you have to do is open the unit, remove a c-clip and move it one position over to the 85 degree setting. In addition the Wexco wiper arm came with a spray nozzle that I mounted to the arm and purchased a
Universal Car Windshield Washer Pump Washer Fluid Reservoir Bottle Kit with Pump Jet Button Switch KEMIMOTO 12 V Windshield Tank for Polaris RZR Ranger General
All of these items were on Amazon and less than half the price to buy the Fortress wiper kit. The switch button on this kit was not usable for me, so I purchased prewired Apiele rocker switch KCD2-102N Blue. Which mount in a 20mm hole cutout that I did directly below the Windshield Rocker switch

Maddog

Is the Wexco motor with a 2.5” shaft the best size for those who have added these wipers to a fixed Fortress windshield?

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looking to finally add electric wipers and have a question. For those of you that have a windshield from Tom at Rock Road and have installed wipers, can you tell me the length of the shaft on the motor that you used? Couldn’t find anyone in any thread with that info, hoping someone might be able to assist, thanks!

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Is the Wexco motor with a 2.5” shaft the best size for those who have added these wipers to a fixed Fortress windshield?
Hello Maddog...just wondering if the windshield wipers you got for your Roxor were the correct ones. I'm looking to get a pair for my stock 2019 Roxor with a fixed windshield. Thanks

Maddog

Hello Maddog...just wondering if the windshield wipers you got for your Roxor were the correct ones. I'm looking to get a pair for my stock 2019 Roxor with a fixed windshield. Thanks
I never got around to ordering them. No one responded to my question about the correct shaft length.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Same here. Never got confirmation on the length from anyone that installed them on a Rock Road windshield. Have searched numerous places with no luck.

MIRoxor

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Does anyone know if the 2 little rubber plugs on the Roxor cowel are meant for windshield washer sprayers? I just installed the "On the Rox" Windshield frame, and windshield wiper/washer kit, and it looks like they would spray way too low on the Windshield, unless I cut some angled washers to mount them up on an angle?

Michigan Mike

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
yes they are. When I had ,y fortress windshield I used them if I remmber corectly I adjusted them so the right one sprayed the left side of the windshield an vice versa