ooooooooooo

Windshield Street Legal Project Update

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Inspred by @Steve243 I got my CJ windshield. It fits pretty good. I have to do some sheet metal work to line up one of the holes. I'm hoping to do all the cutouts in the dash, install gauges, signals, wheels, tires, paint, winch, lockers, locking hubs, vivid tune, EGR delete, seats, seatbelts, custom roll cage, KC hilight bar, tire carrier, new bumpers and put a radio in it before spring. :}

IMG_8091.JPG IMG_8096.JPG IMG_8097.JPG IMG_8100.JPG IMG_8104.JPG IMG_8107.JPG IMG_8108.JPG IMG_8088.JPG

General

Founding Member
Which of your holes did you need to relocate to mount the windshield? I have all the parts sitting in my garage now, scratching my head, because the holes CJ7 hinges need milling/elongating or re-drilling in 10 of the 16 mount points. My windshield is from Crown, crappy quality as all the reproduction CJ windshield frames are. Hinges are Smittybilt 7403 and look like flawless quality. I'm not sure which holes are in the wrong spots: the windshield frame or the hinges? Yes, I think a couple other folks discovered that the Roxor hole nearest the door hinge flange is in a different location than the CJ7.

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yea I have a crown windshield also not the best but not many options. My Hinges are Smittybuilt also. Look at the pictures it is the lower out bolt that is misaligned so only 2 spots. Im going to have to fabricate and make a new hole I think.

Steve243

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Inspred by @Steve243 I got my CJ windshield. It fits pretty good. I have to do some sheet metal work to line up one of the holes. I'm hoping to do all the cutouts in the dash, install gauges, signals, wheels, tires, paint, winch, lockers, locking hubs, vivid tune, EGR delete, seats, seatbelts, custom roll cage, KC hilight bar, tire carrier, new bumpers and put a radio in it before spring. :}

View attachment 1877 View attachment 1878 View attachment 1879 View attachment 1880 View attachment 1881 View attachment 1882 View attachment 1883 View attachment 1884

Looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Has anyone tried the Omix-Ada windshield frame? Might be a better fit than the Crown frame. Just wondering.
I heard the OMIX frame is worse. I also have an issue of the windshield lock brackets not lining up. I am sure it can be worked out though.

lawtac

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What size tire are you running and do you have any rubbing issues?

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I heard the OMIX frame is worse. I also have an issue of the windshield lock brackets not lining up. I am sure it can be worked out though.
im having the same issue, the windshield and dash are not flush with eachother, the windshield is at an angle creating a space.

General

Founding Member
"Cowl seal" it's sometimes called. About $30, fat piece of rubber that holds the windshield frame up off the metal blow.

Rhb798

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
?that's it cowl seal, sometimes us old folks have trouble explaining things, the vocabulary is the second thing that goes.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What windshield are you using? The Crown seems a bit too shallow for the ROXOR.

I've been wondering that a lot too. Roxor has storage compartments under the seats. My old CJ5 did not and that's why I'm sure the shorter CJ window is fine. However I'm 6'7" and I'm staying with the Roxor roll bar and Roxor windshield so I'll have enough head room. I think we should have a conversation about that.

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I installed the crown windshield over the weekend. I can put up some pictures later tonight, it doesnt seem to bend as far back as the one pictured above.

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I installed the crown windshield over the weekend. I can put up some pictures later tonight, it doesnt seem to bend as far back as the one pictured above.
Yes I am having the same issue. I ordered a OMIX one also to see if it fits better

Manitobaroxor

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy

View attachment 1877View attachment 1878View attachment 1879View attachment 1880View attachment 1881View attachment 1882View attachment 1883View attachment 1884
Thank you so much for sharing, helps me plan and visualize my own. I’m just selling my 2015 ram sport so I can buy one of these, convert it to my summer driver for cruising and off-roading to shooting spots. Where did you order windshield from? And what size tires/any rubbing? Looks awesome, congratulations!

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you so much for sharing, helps me plan and visualize my own. I’m just selling my 2015 ram sport so I can buy one of these, convert it to my summer driver for cruising and off-roading to shooting spots. Where did you order windshield from? And what size tires/any rubbing? Looks awesome, congratulations!

FYI some owners have complained that the CJ windshield is too low and if you were to put a top on you'll have less headroom. I think this is mainly because of the storage compartments under the seat. It raises the seats up a bit higher than usual. I'm sticking with the factory windshield and I've painted it to match the body. That's a good result too.