ooooooooooo

windshield/ mirrors

tecknomage

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just got my ROXOR last week, working on the "street legal" issues. What are recomnd for windshield & mirrors? Here in Taxacee( Tennessee) requirement ive found are:
Seat belts
DOT approved windshield & wipers
Turn Signals
Mirrors
any help greatly app.
David

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just got my ROXOR last week, working on the "street legal" issues. What are recomnd for windshield & mirrors? Here in Taxacee( Tennessee) requirement ive found are:
Seat belts
Turn Signals
Mirrors
any help greatly app.
David
I have the Fortress roof and windshield. Both are great. I think they were around $1200 for both.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That all depends on what you're willing to spend. There is a wide range depending on quality. Initially I went with a lexan piece, but I scratched it hours after installation. So I retrofitted a Jeep windshield to it.

tecknomage

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Seat belts
Turn Signals
Mirrors
any help greatly app.
David

have DOT windshield & Mirrors now. working on turn sig.

robertdmerrill99

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am going through some of the same things right now for street legal; it looks like it will be a journey! I just ran across a glass windshield from Dirt Warrior Accessories ($599) - anyone familiar with them? I have a question out to them about whether it is a DOT certified windshield. They also allow you to buy wiper for $65 more - but not sure what comes with that? I have a question to them on that too, as most wiper kits I have seen are $450. If anyone knows anything about these guys I would welcome the feedback. Thanks!

ToddBenson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the dirt warrior windshield and it looks a works great. It comes with the hole Drilled but plugged for a wiper kit. I bought a manual wiper from Amazon for $20 ( the one offered by dirt warriors was $65 ) and put some rain x on it. And couldn’t be happier with it.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I swapped out Rox windshield and installed CJ windshield and glass. Hinges line up almost perfectly, only cost me $140. Run piece of angle iron at Rops to complete the connection to windshield. Has all the holes for wipers

echo3delta

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I swapped out Rox windshield and installed CJ windshield and glass. Hinges line up almost perfectly, only cost me $140. Run piece of angle iron at Rops to complete the connection to windshield. Has all the holes for wipers
What year of CJ did you go with?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What year of CJ did you go with?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

20201210_201300.jpg 20201210_201356.jpg 20201210_201321.jpg

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just a bit of advice on this mod-
If you go with the 1987-1995 YJ windshield frame, you will need to source the wiper linkages from a donor frame, like I did, or find a used set somewhere. They are different from CJ or TJ linkages. As best I can tell, the wiper linkages for YJ frames are not available in new OEM or aftermarket. However, the linkages for the 1986 and newer CJ7 frames can be purchased new aftermarket.
There is really only one reason, that I can think of, to go the YJ route; it has bolting points to extend the ROPS from the center hoop to the windshield frame. This is what I wanted so I ended up finding a donor YJ frame at the junkyard to use when fitting everything up and to get the wiper parts. I bought a new frame and had it painted Roxor Traffic Red and new glass installed. Im very happy with the end result!

New Windshield (1).jpg

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just a bit of advice on this mod-
If you go with the 1987-1995 YJ windshield frame, you will need to source the wiper linkages from a donor frame, like I did, or find a used set somewhere. They are different from CJ or TJ linkages. As best I can tell, the wiper linkages for YJ frames are not available in new OEM or aftermarket. However, the linkages for the 1986 and newer CJ7 frames can be purchased new aftermarket.
There is really only one reason, that I can think of, to go the YJ route; it has bolting points to extend the ROPS from the center hoop to the windshield frame. This is what I wanted so I ended up finding a donor YJ frame at the junkyard to use when fitting everything up and to get the wiper parts. I bought a new frame and had it painted Roxor Traffic Red and new glass installed. Im very happy with the end result!

View attachment 8242
Did u get new pipes to extend the rollcage straight. I had this idea but unsure how well the old rops will bend. I built brackets already. Just haven't pushed further

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Did u get new pipes to extend the rollcage straight. I had this idea but unsure how well the old rops will bend. I built brackets already. Just haven't pushed further
I see you don't even have the original Rops

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I used YJ extension tubes. I have a post on here with details of what I did. Search for "Wroxler".

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Not sure I follow you. It is the OEM center hoop, I just cut off the brackets at the corners and cut a little less than 4" out of the vertical sides to drop it down.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not sure I follow you. It is the OEM center hoop, I just cut off the brackets at the corners and cut a little less than 4" out of the vertical sides to drop it down.
How did to straighten out the two bent pieces that go from center loop to windshield

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
They are YJ extension tubes. If you check out the posts in the link I attached above, I think it will make sense.