ooooooooooo

Willys bodyswap

CrankHogg

I like the older body styles but they seem to be fetching a hefty premium now that they were forced to change the front end. would the 2021s and on have compatible frames for swapping parts, or would we be able to buy rolling chassis to drop Willys body tubs on?
14520e36ae480332a455f86679248cff.jpg

14520e36ae480332a455f86679248cff.jpg

Buckpasser

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don’t think anyone really knows the answer to your question yet. Most of us are hoping and assuming it’s the same frame and body (from doors rearward). The “leaked” picture sure looks like it will be.

CrankHogg

im building up a 12 valve ram and a 59 apache rat rod project to keep, and rebuilding a sonoma to sell right now. ive been considering keeping the sonoma

set it up like this:

1624121168266.jpeg

or

sonoma done.jpg

with a maybe swap and a little more lift :sneaky:

from what it is now:

sonoma as is.jpg

i have a buyer for the sonoma thats interested as is for $5k but im confident it would could pull near double and maybe even triple with just a couple months of work and a few grand into it.

the thing is im building the 12 valve to be a work truck, straight out flatbed/gooseneck/5th wheel/tow/weld/fab/repair rig

1624123786910.png

not the best thing to be driving around town without reason.

the sonoma would fit that bill better but some of these things are going for 11-12grand with just a small block chevy swap from a junkyard, and shoot, i got a spare running 305/turbo350/triangulated-4-link/9"-3.5:1-rear sitting in the apache and i want to convert that to 2nd 12 valve anyhow so i might be able to pull that "15-25k$ swap" off for almost free; and would then have a spare 2.8l drivetrain to build a fun little gocart ?

if i were to build a willys clone, it would replace the sonoma

i suppose ill hold onto the sonoma for now, until theres more word about the new roxors and decide in the meantime if im going to build it up or just leave it mostly stock, but i think im leaning toward pulling the parts from the apache and setting it up like in the photoshops. whole lotta work but im only working part time now so i have all the spare time

what are your all thoughts on these plans?

and what do you think about

"Baja" Sonoma vs "Pseudo" Willys Daily Driver

1624121168266.jpeg sonoma done.jpg sonoma as is.jpg 1624123786910.png

Last edited:

CrankHogg

yesir, ride height 3.5-4" front 5-6" rear. dropped .5" approx

left is to grease, oil, brakefluid, coolant flush, tune, bed, glass, and lights, and shell be ready to begin breaking some more ?

i dont have any recent pictures and wont be able to make any more progress until the 12valve and sonoma are done. its in storage for now

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The 21 roxor is only changing the front end. Everything else is supposed to be staying the same.

As far as length goes to drop a willys body on, you would have to entend the willys body or narrow the frame. The wheelbase isn't the same.

Last edited:

Tokarev

As I've said before, I think ROXOR should use an M38 front end going forward. This would mean a rig that is still recognized as having some Jeep heritage while looking different enough to (hopefully) keep FCA away.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

jeeper50

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Check out Ned Bacon's pigpen...

Looking for a used or wrecked roxor on which to install my CJ3B body onto a shortened roxor frame!

Last edited:

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ned cut the frame and shortened it to fit the body.