ooooooooooo

Who’s wanting to go really big with their Roxor?

BigBob

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hey guy’s I’ve still not gotten a Roxor yet I’m waiting for companies to start coming out with big lifts for them but I had a really great idea for a Roxor project that I wanted to share. I was thinking about it and when I get my Roxor I was thinking about putting some one ton axles out of an older f250 and put an SCS transfer case behind the stock one for a double low transfer case. I’m just spit balling ideas of what I might do but if I went that big with 40inch tires I think that set up would be about bullet proof because the Roxor doesn’t make enough power to break it. What are your opinions?

dirtrider

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Have you seen these yet?
39811552_2301873323162174_5600533643408703488_n.jpg
A4670DFF-6F1D-41B6-A71B-2B39D10BA610.jpg

BigBob

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
No I haven’t but I’ve talked to Hattiesburg Cycles about getting one from them with the 4 inch lift and I’m probably gunna go with some 33x14.5 super swamper starting out I think these things will look good with a wide tire

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That’s what I was thinking a 33 or 35 inch tire would be awesome. The shackle reversal from On The Rox looks interesting but there are as many cons as pros on that type of lift.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think you lose too much going too big. The main strength is the narrow chassis and great tq. I think mild lift, 33s, and some traction aids will be incredible.

With 40s, I’d rather chop up a cheapo gasser 2500 ram.

whyjguy

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
When the demo team was out at Sturgis MC Rally this year, I talked to them about doing a Spring over Axle flip. From everything I have seen so far, it should be easily doable.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It’s easy and cheap to spring over poorly. It’s not the easiest to do well. I would take a well designed, spring based, 2.5” under lift and level kit all day.

whyjguy

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
It’s easy and cheap to spring over poorly. It’s not the easiest to do well. I would take a well designed, spring based, 2.5” under lift and level kit all day.
Agreed. While not the easiest or cheapest. It does flex a ton better then a lift spring. And can be just as easy to drive if done correctly.

Most people don’t want to put the time or money into fixing everything else that snowballs when you start to lift a vehicle that much.

whyjguy

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I think you lose too much going too big. The main strength is the narrow chassis and great tq. I think mild lift, 33s, and some traction aids will be incredible.

With 40s, I’d rather chop up a cheapo gasser 2500 ram.

I agree with this. 33’s would be sufficiently large given the short wheel base and break over angles. Even 35’s would be a little much.

I don’t thing much lift would be needed for 33’s to fit.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think to do a SOA well in this platform, you’d need some high steer outers. Unless you can grab some from some old truck, you’re talking $$ for Reids.

whyjguy

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
It looks like you could do a tie rod flip and just ream the steer arms for 1 ton rod ends. That and a drop pitman should net enough for no bump steer.

Last edited:

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Where can I get that kit on the black machine?

I know it's neat to see "SEMA" projects like this, but I see no 'normal guy' aka 'buys a kit' reason to link a Roxor. I think any reason given will result in a unbalanced mess of a perpetual project rig that will eventually scope creep to hell and end up a "I should have started on something else" kinda problem. I don't mean to be Debby Downer here, but a scan of CL will bring up many butchered "SEMA" projects selling for a fraction of their invested value. Like I said before, you want a linked rig on 40s? Buy a $400 Dodge ram 2500 gasser and a sawzall. You'll be on 40s in a few weeks for a few grand, and have a rig you can absolutely thrash with abandon. Try that in a Roxor, and if you're asking for a 'kit', you will never drive that vehicle.

This is where experience (which is the same way as saying - it did too much dumb stuff and finally learned) says to imagine your end goal (use case first, then tire size required, then height, then width required - hint width will point you elsewhere), and work backwards. Does that approach lead you to start at a Roxor? I bet not. Don't start with a rig and then work forwards to make it something with no end goal in sight.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My comment is no dish on the Roxor, far from it. These are amazingly capable machines, but IMO KOH fodder, they are not. I see these becoming amazingly popular in stockish, 33", and 35" tire type setups, traction aids, and mild lifts/brakes/steering to match the desired tire sizes. Maybe this will change in 15 years when they are cheap, but I see no reason to buy a machine and immediately mangle 90% of it's moving parts. I suppose if $ is no object, but I don't know any humans where that definition fits lol.

shawnr

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Has anyone on here tried to springover I seen the pics someone posted about one that was spring over and 35s just looking to run 33x12.5 and not have to worry about stuffing a tire in the fender​

General

Founding Member
Has anyone on here tried to springover I seen the pics someone posted about one that was spring over and 35s just looking to run 33x12.5 and not have to worry about stuffing a tire in the fender​
That one is an extremely expensive custom. 33x12.5 won't be a problem if you lift it a couple inches. There are a few spring lifts out there now, and surely more options and cheaper prices will ensue in 2019. Hattiesburg Cycles has a variety of 2", 4", 6" leaf spring lifts front and back, but they're pricey right now because they're virtually exclusive. There are a few shops making add-a-leaf style, too. If you're just worried about clearance, I'd stick with new leafs. A complete overhaul for links and coil-overs will undoubtedly lead to a lifetime of custom-job breakdowns and insufficient R&D, unless you're just building a showpiece.

dmhbc

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This one is on our new 6-4 kit. Works with all your factory bolts and hardware, and it includes brake lines, sway bar extensions, and extended length shocks.

tan lifted roxor 6-4.jpg

pennywise615

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This one is on our new 6-4 kit. Works with all your factory bolts and hardware, and it includes brake lines, sway bar extensions, and extended length shocks.

View attachment 1954[/QUOTEHac

View attachment 1954

Have you had a issue with the steering after lifting one. we just did a 2.5 level kit and the tie rods are popping. Its acting like it needs a pitman arm drop.

dmhbc

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner