ooooooooooo

Wheel spacers?

TheFurnace

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Any suggestions on wheel spacers? I have fender flares coming in and am wondering what spacers to get. Also, what spacers work with the factory studs?

Sgtatarms

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It depends on flare brand, flare width, tire size, wheel offset as to spacer thickness. I have factory aluminum wheels, stock tires currently (plan to go to 235 85 16 mud tires soon). Before the flares, tires were outside fenders, slung mud everywhere. After flares, it kinda' looked odd (tires too far under the flares). So I went with 1" spacers to get the look I wanted, and they should work with the future tires. I bought black spacers, pic is attached. Also a pic of my rig as described. Depends on what look you want for your rig, considering variables in first sentence. Hope this helps.
image.jpeg
image.png

image.jpeg image.png

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have 2" wheel spacers on mine, and with 33" tires using OEM wheels it sits nearly perfect to the outside edge of the fender flares. I ordered everything off ebay. Make sure your spacers are hub centric to Roxor. Do a search under Roxor for wheel spacers and a bunch will pop up.

Mauvais

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am running 285/75/16 (just under 33in) on the stock wheels with 2in spacers. Plan on getting flares because it throws mud like you wouldn't believe

20200302_173755.jpg

20200302_173755.jpg

TheFurnace

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks for your help! I have the stock efx motovators on mine right now...it flings mud everywhere as it is lol...I think I'm gonna go 2" spacers with the OMIX CJ flares from Amazon and get bigger tires before summer. Were you able to use the stock studs with your spacers? Your rig looks awesome!

Mauvais

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for your help! I have the stock efx motovators on mine right now...it flings mud everywhere as it is lol...I think I'm gonna go 2" spacers with the OMIX CJ flares from Amazon and get bigger tires before summer. Were you able to use the stock studs with your spacers? Your rig looks awesome!

Yes, I used the stock studs. I bought the spacers from dirt legal for the roxor. They ran about 100 bucks. I also bought some cheap 2in spacer from amazon to mount a spare on my OEM spare tire carrier too. (That one caught me off guard when I went to put the tire on and it didnt fit).

Thanks for the compliment! I do love this rig. Dirt legal has been great to work with and answer any questions I have had.

sandyx

Founding Member
Are you all at least grease packing the bearings before spacing? Afaik spacers put a lot of stress on wheel bearings.

Last edited:

Mauvais

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Are you all at least grease packing the bearings before spacing? Afaik it puts a lot of stress on them.

This is an excellent point. Should probably talk about it on this thread because we are talking spacers. What Sandx is talking about is with the extra 2in difference from hub it WILL put more force on the wheel bearings causing them to fail earlier.

If you are looking for a wider stance or wider tires you should research for a new wheel with more negative offset than stock (@ 0 offset)

In the very near future I plan on getting beadlock wheels and will swap out the spacers then.

Last edited:

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I saw this post last week but waited to respond until I actually had a chance to install the ones I got and make sure they worked correctly. These are the ones I got. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EMZQ44E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have not installed my CJ fender flares but I did "Mock" them up and they cover the tread very well. I can confirm that a 1-1/2" spacer with stock wheels and CJ flares is a good matchup.
I also got a pair of stainless center caps for the rear. Amazon.com: Topline C102S Polished Stainless Steel Center Cap: Automotive and a set of chrome lug nuts. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W3MTFVQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I think it turned out looking good so far. Just need to make time to install the flares, bumpers, Warn hubs, stereo......
1584060351148.jpeg

1584060351148.jpeg

TheFurnace

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I saw this post last week but waited to respond until I actually had a chance to install the ones I got and make sure they worked correctly. These are the ones I got. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EMZQ44E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have not installed my CJ fender flares but I did "Mock" them up and they cover the tread very well. I can confirm that a 1-1/2" spacer with stock wheels and CJ flares is a good matchup.
I also got a pair of stainless center caps for the rear. Amazon.com: Topline C102S Polished Stainless Steel Center Cap: Automotive and a set of chrome lug nuts. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W3MTFVQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I think it turned out looking good so far. Just need to make time to install the flares, bumpers, Warn hubs, stereo......
View attachment 6088

View attachment 6088
That's way nice! What size/brand tires are you running? That's how I want my roxor to sit...

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Got my 1-1/2 spacers on. Mine have 106.5mm bore, most may have 108mm. The 106.5mm work, just had to remove 3 bolts in a row that hold on the Warren hubs, the washers stick out past the hub diameter. After that they went right on.

I had to scrape off paint from back side of the OEM alum wheels and scraped, wire brushed and repainted the front hubs.

I went ahead and used blue locktite Tite in the spacer nuts.

BDRAG

IMG_20200401_155353.jpg IMG_20200401_171234.jpg IMG_20200401_163043~2.jpg IMG_20200331_124155~2.jpg IMG_20200401_163803~2.jpg IMG_20200401_173030~2.jpg IMG_20200401_173610.jpg IMG_20200401_173632.jpg

Sgtatarms

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
BD, Mr. Fish is correct. Your rig is looking good! Now we got to get us some of those big ole' root skinners like he's got on his buggy!

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
BD, Mr. Fish is correct. Your rig is looking good! Now we got to get us some of those big ole' root skinners like he's got on his buggy!
Thank you sir. The spacers did exactly what I wanted, it brought the tires out just less than flush with the flairs. So it should still keep most of the mud off my head! Lol.

BDRAG

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have 2" wheel spacers on mine, and with 33" tires using OEM wheels it sits nearly perfect to the outside edge of the fender flares. I ordered everything off ebay. Make sure your spacers are hub centric to Roxor. Do a search under Roxor for wheel spacers and a bunch will pop up.
Did you needed a lift to clear the 33 inch tires? Or did the spacers do the trick?