Ox lockers (manual not electric)
Warn hubs
Fortress roof and windshield
Wiper kit
An awesome custom made back panel courtesy of @MNROXOR
Jeep style grill
EGR delete kit
KMS Performance Stage 3 tune

Mostly my Roxor will be used for driving around the lake area where we live (I have South Dakota plates via Dirt Legal), but also for plowing on the ice for ice fishing, and also some off-roading.

In following the thread for Max's build, I won't ever be doing nay thing that extreme, but I would like to be able to take it out west 1-2x year in the Rockies and/or Black Hills.

I am thinking my next upgrade for the Roxor would be the 2.5" Rough Country Roxor Leveling Kit, and possibly upgrading the alternator. This of course would allow me to switch to larger tires at some point as well.

Has anyone done either of these two upgrades? Any feedback? I am also looking for recommendations on bolt on sliders to protect the vehicle when I take it out west. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
OK, so here is what I have done so far:

Warn hubs
Wiper kit
Jeep style grill
EGR delete kit

Mostly my Roxor will be used for driving around the lake area where we live (I have South Dakota plates via Dirt Legal), but also for plowing on the ice for ice fishing, and also some off-roading.

In following the thread for Max's build, I won't ever be doing nay thing that extreme, but I would like to be able to take it out west 1-2x year in the Rockies and/or Black Hills.

I am thinking my next upgrade for the Roxor would be the 2.5" Rough Country Roxor Leveling Kit, and possibly upgrading the alternator. This of course would allow me to switch to larger tires at some point as well.

Has anyone done either of these two upgrades? Any feedback? I am also looking for recommendations on bolt on sliders to protect the vehicle when I take it out west. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

i did the Rough Country leveling kit.
Pretty easy. Rides nice.

C530C88F-0045-4AE6-8CCC-AEF9275F674F.jpeg 662D9C47-6064-4276-AE07-45A4C8724349.jpeg

Chris Beyer

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
OK, so here is what I have done so far:

Warn hubs
Wiper kit
Jeep style grill
EGR delete kit

I did the RC leveling kit and discovered it was a little too much, so I added Max A's shackles in the rear. I think it sits perfect now. I discovered a clearance issue with the steering at full lock and front suspension at full articulation, so I added 2" wheel spacers. I haven't tested it yet to see what other issues I may have created. :oops: I think I would upgrade the battery before the alternator.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Next up is the roll cage modification. I think I'm going with the dieselfreak tune 2 and the spring leveling kit... I would also like to install the Corbeau baja reclining seats.

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I did the RC leveling kit and discovered it was a little too much, so I added Max A's shackles in the rear. I think it sits perfect now. I discovered a clearance issue with the steering at full lock and front suspension at full articulation, so I added 2" wheel spacers. I haven't tested it yet to see what other issues I may have created. :oops: I think I would upgrade the battery before the alternator.
Chris, when you say too much, can you elaborate?

Chris Beyer

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Chris, when you say too much, can you elaborate?
With the leveling kit installed the front end was too high in relation to the rear. It actually felt like I was going uphill when driving on a level surface. Adding the Climax rear shackles brought the rear up just enough to look right to me.

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Chris Beyer

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks Chris. Was this the one that you went with from Max: Rear 1 Inch Lift Shackle For Mahindra Roxor With Leveling Kit | eBay

@PineCreek did you have the issue with the vehicle feeling like it was tilted up with the Rough Country kit? Looking at your pic, it looks like it is pretty level, but hard to tell.

If I do the RC Leveling kit, will the factory accessory Bilstiens work: BILSTEIN SHOCKS|ROXOR Offroad

After the lift it feels pretty level to me.
mom not planning on rear shackles.

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Long overdue update. Put on the Cecco skid plates, the rough country leveling kit, with Max's rear shackle. Also finally did the EGR delete, boost valve, and had the dealer install the Ox lockers and Warn hubs. Have not had a chance to do any off roading yet, but looking forward to it.

Going to add the Bilstein shocks next and need to get a spare tire and mount.

Currently, I am noticing a clunking sound when I go over any sort of modest bump. I think this happened before I installed the leveling kit, but I am not 100% sure. Any ideas what this is? It almost feels like it is bottoming out. The challenge is I can't recreate it when it is not moving. If it is bottoming out, I am hoping the improved shocks will help with this.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Waiting to get mine back from powder coating. Extended the fortress roof and had a roof rack made and powder coated.

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just got back from the Black Hills. The trip was great, and I will post more about it soon. Now that I am back, I want to upgrade my tires to a larger size and use 1.5" or 2" spacers.

What I was not able to find in another post, what is the largest tire size I could use, now that I have the 2.5" Rough Country leveling kit installed? I don't think I want to go through the cost and effort of raising it further, but would like to add a little stability and better tires. I will be sticking with the stock LE rims.

Also, looking for a good rear view mirror that mounts to the windshield securely. The crappy mirrors that were included with the 18 LE are useless for anyone tall.

BoxofRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I run 32x9.50s with the RC leveling kit, stock base wheels, and no spacers. Tires measure just a hair over 31". Ive trail tested this setup quite a bit and noticed no rub, have my sway bar connected though. Interestingly enough, I bought 1.5" spacers and CJ flares and thankfully tried the spacers first. They made the tires rub. I have no stability issues and I like the idea of keeping it as narrow as possible for some of the tight trails, and I prefer not having spacers anyhow. I have some nice 1.5" spacers and CJ flares I'll sell if you're interested ?

IMG_20200714_202902806.jpg

IMG_20200714_202902806.jpg

Last edited:

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Trebz: For reference, I did the add a leaf, which added 2" over stock height (measured at the front bumper).
Im running 255/85 (33" tall, fairly narrow) on the stock rims with 1.5" spacers. No rubbing at full turn left / right (with one front wheel on a 6" curb, the other on the street). That is after the turning radius adjust.
Hoping this helps.

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thx AZROX. I think that is what I will go with. 1.5” spacers and then 255/85 tires.

BoxofRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Posted this back on Tuesday, not sure why it's not showing up. Anyhow, that's my experience with tire size on the RC leveling kit

Screenshot_20200731-062329.png

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
With some gentle offroading i noticed that my front driveshaft is reaching my oilpan skidplate