ooooooooooo

What To Bring On the Trip

Driver8

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Greetings all.

Im new to the group and this is my first post. Im debating if the Roxor would be right for my overland trips. First, because I have to tow it to wherever I'm riding and second, its doesn't carry much weight. Normally, if Im going on an overland camping trip, I would bring extra fuel, U-joints, drive shaft, tires, jacks, and so on as well as my camping essentials. Considering my weight limitations, I would like to know from the Roxor owners, knowing what you know, what would you bring on an overland trip for spare parts.

Also, as Im not a huge rock climber, I wonder if I should just tag on a small trailer.

Thanks for you input...

Pdphilson

Guaminí, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Greetings all.

Im new to the group and this is my first post. Im debating if the Roxor would be right for my overland trips. First, because I have to tow it to wherever I'm riding and second, its doesn't carry much weight. Normally, if Im going on an overland camping trip, I would bring extra fuel, U-joints, drive shaft, tires, jacks, and so on as well as my camping essentials. Considering my weight limitations, I would like to know from the Roxor owners, knowing what you know, what would you bring on an overland trip for spare parts.

Also, as Im not a huge rock climber, I wonder if I should just tag on a small trailer.

Thanks for you input...
Stay home

Driver8

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Can't stay home. What's the fun in that? The wife loves overlanding! So of you are saying the Roxor isn't up to it, that's good advice. Could always go to another vehicle idea.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Can't stay home. What's the fun in that? The wife loves overlanding! So of you are saying the Roxor isn't up to it, that's good advice. Could always go to another vehicle idea.
I think your roxor is totally up to it, probably more than just about 99% of vehicles on the road today. You will have 2 limitations that I could see being a problem. The first is realitivly easy to fix, you definatly want some sort of traction aid weather it's a spartan locker, an Auburn limited slip or something else. get as much traction as you can. The other problem not as easily overcome is parts availability. I prefer to bringing extra critical parts likely to break parts when overlanding. For A roxor this is not an easy thing to do. Some parts are on a wait or require a core, in other words they are prioritizing a limited amount of certain parts to people that actually had a break down and not to people that are hoarding them. Other than those 2 things I think it's an awesome vehicle choice. But seriously make no mistake,k open diff=stuck. The roxor is heavy so you will get away with it for a time but when it does get stuck you are in it deep:)

Driver8

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks for your thoughts Sonnyd. I wasn't aware that there there is a parts problem. The idea of doing a core on parts is kinda ridiculous. I had thought this vehicle was more established in other countries. That's unfortunate but really good to know. As far as the differential, absolutely a locker and or an LSD. Front and rear. I usually mix.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for your thoughts Sonnyd. I wasn't aware that there there is a parts problem. The idea of doing a core on parts is kinda ridiculous. I had thought this vehicle was more established in other countries. That's unfortunate but really good to know. As far as the differential, absolutely a locker and or an LSD. Front and rear. I usually mix.
Don't let it totaly discourage you. Alot of parts are available at any auto parts store if you use the number to cross reference ( mostly suspension parts) but if you have a brake issue on the trail it can be difficult to deal with right their. Any other part can usually be had in a week.

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Im currently building my Roxor as an Overlander. I have spartan lockers for the front and rear, adding a lift (unsure yet as to which size, waiting on the other guinee pigs to work out all the kinks) and going up to at least a 33" Mud tire of some sort. I'm adding a rear role cage and safari top for a Roof top tent to mount on to.

Like you, I will be tow mining to the trails, all though mine is street legal, I dont want to drive her over vast distances; i.e Louisiana to other parts of the US. However, by towing her will allow me to at least have another very capable vehicle on hand which is my DD, a '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4, should something break down on the Roxor. Does not having parts readily available for Roxy concern me, absolutely, but its part of the game with buying such a new to North America vehicle, but its not stopping me from moving forward with my project.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I built my roxor for going up the mountains around here. Even in the back country I'm still about 40 miles away from a town so I don't have to worry too much if I were to break down.

I used to work over in East Africa and the Roxor is a lot like the Diesel Landcruisers I used to drive out there. Tuff as nails and very reliable. You'd be surprised how many things you could probably fix out in the field to get you home. On time I was a 100 kilometers from the closest town and I lost my brake master cylinder. It started to leak and I didn't have and brake fluid in the truck. I did find some dish soap so I figured what the heck :) Anyway I got home but I had bubbles coming out of the hood. True story.