ooooooooooo

What is a Good Price?

MaineRox

2018 Roxor Classic. I'm finally getting close to buying one of these. The NH dealership is saying they will sell at dealer cost (not that I know what that number really is) and they must be aware of the lawsuit and possible cease and desist order. It will also be two years old in 26 days. The dealership also registered and titled a 2018 limited, in NH, with all the Street Legal mods and will help me do the same if I buy it.

They have it listed as $12,999. before destination fee, but a Maine dealership had offered one at $10,999. (someone else snagged it). Does anyone know what the dealer cost really is? What do you think is a good price?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Making it street legal would be nice and possibly sway my decision. However see what it takes to do it yourself. No sense in paying a premium for it. Their offer price is about where I’ve seen dealers starting to advertise their 19‘s. It’s 2 years old. Their cost only matters to them. What does a used 18 sell for? That’s the number you need to be near. If it was me and I’d be offering them under 10,000. Probably try and start negotiations at the 9000 range and hoping to settle close to or under 10. That is with all their fees and add ons included. Don’t let them pencil whip you at the end. Use that lawsuit to your advantage. Tell them your taking the gamble buying it and don’t know about future product support. Who else would buy it knowing that? And do they really want the 20’s coming out and still have an 18 on the lot? What it comes down to is they are at the point where they can no longer profit on the sale and now it’s a matter of getting as much of their seed money back so they can invest it in another vehicle that will hopefully turn a profit on. Floor plan ain’t cheap.

2dutz2

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A52AAAAAVJA001435 1435
Get it bought!. With new prices , it will only go up in value. Fiat law suit is meaning less. My 2018 is going up in value every day because of the mentioned reasons.
2dutz2

MaineRox

What does a used 18 sell for? That’s the number you need to be near. If it was me and I’d be offering them under 10,000. Probably try and start negotiations at the 9000 range and hoping to settle close to or under 10.
I tend to agree with you. I'll find out Saturday what their version of dealer cost is. SM said Mahindra doesn't let them publish such a number and that's why the $12,999. number is on the website. We'll find out whether they're serious about selling old inventory or not.

MaineRox

Get it bought!. With new prices , it will only go up in value. Fiat law suit is meaning less. My 2018 is going up in value every day because of the mentioned reasons.
2dutz2
I don't know, man. If I was the owner, wouldn't be thinking that way with the 2020s and possible C&D looming. You're probably correct if Mahindra stops selling any type of Roxor, but that's a big unkown and we're a long way from that date.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I would buy it. As for price, I know they are offering $3K off, plus with it being so close to another year old. At the end of the day, I would jump on it. Hope it works out for you.

MAGAHAWK

If the $3000 rebate is still available I would say actual dealer invoice minus 3k should be a reasonable offer. ask to see the invoice, If they can't do that then you are being lied to. Hey - it's soon to be three model years old. Unless it's been inside probably going to have some lot rot.

MNROXOR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I bought my 2018 in July for $10,989 they should come close to that and if they do buy it. You will love it. Do you see any post of people that don’t love there’s?

MaineRox

If the $3000 rebate is still available I would say actual dealer invoice minus 3k should be a reasonable offer. ask to see the invoice, If they can't do that then you are being lied to. Hey - it's soon to be three model years old. Unless it's been inside probably going to have some lot rot.
The $3000. rebate is no longer available (according to Mahindra chat).

What can go wrong from a vehicle sitting for two years? Hadn't given that a lot of thought.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not much other than battery and possibly dry seals that could start leaking. Nothing warranty shouldn’t cover. Warranty should start when you buy it. Double check that. I suspect within a year you’ll need a new battery.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
At $15k they cant get enough of em up here. My ‘local’ dealer - 6 hrs away - might buy that inventory out from them lol

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just bought 2 more 2018 model, 1 black basic with winch and one white SE with hood sticker, cap, windshield, mirrors, led bar and winch.
paid $32,000 can or $23,000 USD for both. Both have 3 years warranty. Brand new in showroom.
We use them for employees around the farms. Just getting rid of 2 more Polaris Ranger.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just bought 2 more 2018 model, 1 black basic with winch and one white SE with hood sticker, cap, windshield, mirrors, led bar and winch.
paid $32,000 can or $23,000 USD for both.

As in 11,500 USD each or 23,000 each?