ooooooooooo

Weed Burner Exhaust

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
After gutting the cat and installing an eliminator pipe in lieu of the muffler/resonator I then decided to eliminate the tailpipe completely and go (weed burner) style. It really cleans up the wheel well and no more encapsulating the exhaust with mud.

Went to the parts store and picked up a tailpipe tip cut at a slant and the exhaust now exits down in front of the rear axle. Left a section of the eliminator pipe to attach the tip to.

The jury is still out whether I will keep it this way but it sounds great and I don't plan on ever installing an enclosed top. Hopefully it doesn't kick up too much dust in this fashion.

Last edited:

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Didn't really think it was worthy? A 6" piece of pipe where the old muffler was with a slanted tip is pretty simple.

SMH

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I figured since you took time and wrote three paragraphs about it, it was more than worthy. Lol!

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Paragraphs? More like bullet points. Will try to get some pics later. Doing a turn signal install today.

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
DSCN2613.JPG
DSCN2610.JPG

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Would really like to get the fuel fill and vent hose out of that hostile environment in the future. Thinking about making an access door above the tank in the cargo area.

B

Bister

Would really like to get the fuel fill and vent hose out of that hostile environment in the future. Thinking about making an access door above the tank in the cargo area.
I put on Long John mudflap that also act as a flare. They don't keep all the dirt out of the back, but it stops it from being beaten in. I put 36" on the front and 48" on the back and kept the quite high which helps protect the fuel filler area and so I don't rip them off in the bush or snow. I set the overhang at 2" which is good with stock tires. If I did it again I would probably do 48" on the front also. I was out in some spring greasy stuff yesterday and it sure kept the mud off the sides and the rear is full of mud.
IMG_5410.JPGIMG_5411.JPGIMG_5412.JPGIMG_5413.JPGIMG_5725.JPGIMG_5727.JPG

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's a practical fix for the sides. Your fuel fill area pics confirm my fears. Isuzu stripped chassis trucks basically have the fuel fill in the fender well also. They put a plastic cover around it but all that does is prolong the inevitable. Gets packed with dirt and mud and can't get out. Should either hose get damaged the fuel system problems will ensue.

B

Bister

I was out more in the mud (not intentional, just muddy everywhere here) today and the back flap should be about 3" lower. A lot misses the mudflap and still goes straight up, but I'll leave it, the hoses are just getting more dirty than they are beat to crap.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I put on Long John mudflap that also act as a flare. They don't keep all the dirt out of the back, but it stops it from being beaten in. I put 36" on the front and 48" on the back and kept the quite high which helps protect the fuel filler area and so I don't rip them off in the bush or snow. I set the overhang at 2" which is good with stock tires. If I did it again I would probably do 48" on the front also. I was out in some spring greasy stuff yesterday and it sure kept the mud off the sides and the rear is full of mud.
View attachment 3404View attachment 3405View attachment 3406View attachment 3407View attachment 3408View attachment 3409
I like the looks of those. I wonder how hard it would be to get a full size plastic mud flap, then cut it down to fit...maybe you could keep it wide enough to cover the filler hose even better?

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Didn't really think it was worthy? A 6" piece of pipe where the old muffler was with a slanted tip is pretty simple.
So what's inside the stock muffler? Is it like a glasspack where you can see daylight through it, or is it something way more restrictive?

B

Bister

I like the looks of those. I wonder how hard it would be to get a full size plastic mud flap, then cut it down to fit...maybe you could keep it wide enough to cover the filler hose even better?
The mud would stick the the mud flap and put it so close to the tire, that when I backed up it would roll over with the tire almost pulling it off the Roxor. I ended up putting a tap and screw in the flap to the bumper. Works good and keeps the mud out and the flap from being ripped off.

CF97A5FD-A597-4997-8DB9-610FC0FB0DC1.jpegDED7E0A7-0D74-4CDD-BC09-424D9B37320C.jpeg689271A0-5F00-40D1-97C8-329AB86DFF72.jpeg

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The mud would stick the the mud flap and put it so close to the tire, that when I backed up it would roll over with the tire almost pulling it off the Roxor. I ended up putting a tap and screw in the flap to the bumper. Works good and keeps the mud out and the flap from being ripped off.

View attachment 4421View attachment 4422View attachment 4424
That's really all you need I would think...looks like it protects the filler hoses pretty well.

B

Bister

That's really all you need I would think...looks like it protects the filler hoses pretty well.
Yeah they work good. I put them front and rear. Keeps the mud off the sides good also like flares. That wasn’t the plan when I put them on to attach to bump, but it works good. I used 36” on the front. 48” would go right to the front. They are called “long john mud flap”. Get them on eBay or Amazon. I think I had s thread on here with more pics etc.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yeah they work good. I put them front and rear. Keeps the mud off the sides good also like flares. That wasn’t the plan when I put them on to attach to bump, but it works good. I used 36” on the front. 48” would go right to the front. They are called “long john mud flap”. Get them on eBay or Amazon. I think I had s thread on here with more pics etc.
I'm seriously thinking about putting them on my Roxor (I get it Friday)...along with a ton of other stuff, lol.

B

Bister

I'm seriously thinking about putting them on my Roxor (I get it Friday)...along with a ton of other stuff, lol.
I left about an inch sticking out. That amount works good with the stock tires, you might want more if you're going with wider tires or spacers at some point. I thought of doing the fender flare thing, but I still wanted flaps. I drive in cow pastures and without flaps, there is s*** on everything. lol

This was the install thread I did.
https://teamroxor.com/threads/long-john-mudflaps.877/#post-7026

If on Facebook, here is another guy that did some. Look for Kyle's post.
Mahindra Roxor Enthusiasts

Last edited by a moderator: